Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prime Hall of Fame fighters in Floyd resume?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cardinal Buck View Post
    One other thing. If Floyd loses to someone and wins in the rematch (or vice versa), that fighter probably will get in. (No, Castillo doesn't meet this crieterion.)
    Why???????

Comment

• Originally posted by Cardinal Buck View Post
      One other thing. If Floyd loses to someone and wins in the rematch (or vice versa), that fighter probably will get in. (No, Castillo doesn't meet this crieterion.)
      if castillo gets in its on the strength of his good showing v floyd (where he really beat him)

Comment

• hey, you guys do know that amateurs count for HOF correct? that's also where zoo gets a boost.

quite a few voters said that his amazing amateur career is what pushed him over the edge.

another reason why corrales/castillo, and ESPECIALLY hatton shouldnt get in just cuz zoo did

Comment

• Originally posted by turbotime View Post
          Why? I already told you who they were. You got your answer.
          he doesnt know who they're because pac hasnt fought them lawl

Comment

• Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
            again, just because someone's in the hall, doesn't mean that everyone should get in, then we'd have to let in about 30 more fighters.

tell me hatton's next best win at 140 besides zoo? seriously, was it ben tackie, carlos maussa or mike stewart. GTFO you fool. hatton has one good win PERIOD. the rest are decent, maaaaaaaaybe you can call collazo a good win, but he won by a **** hair at best and got smacked around the last couple rounds
            I'm just saying, it's hypocritical as f**k to get picky all of a sudden just because too many other people got in first. You can't get picky all of a sudden out of nowhere, then it's a double standard...."fool". No disrespect or anything, but you're the guy on here talking s**t, not me. I was just saying that they can't get all picky and the resume's of Corrales and Castillo are at least equal to Tszyu's. And that Genaro and Hatton have better wins than McGuigan and Mitchell. That's all I was saying homie.

Comment

hey, you guys do know that amateurs count for HOF correct? that's also where zoo gets a boost.

quite a few voters said that his amazing amateur career is what pushed him over the edge.

another reason why corrales/castillo, and ESPECIALLY hatton shouldnt get in just cuz zoo did
              This is true too. This is why Laszlo Papp got in IMO. It was because of his outstanding amateur background. Won 3 Olympic Gold Medals in a row. Is in the discussion for the greatest amateur of all time.

And, look at his pro resume. Not HOF worthy. I don't see how he could get in as a professional. Because, he didn't really accomplish much. And, it wasn't his fault either IMO. Just hand injury and politics that probably stopped him from gaining reaching his full potential as a pro.

His pro resume is weak. But, his amateur resume can't be denied. And, he is inducted into the IBHOF.

Comment

idk, there's a lot of guys, he lost to corrales and floyd x 2.

i agree that he was the most accomplished probably due to him beating stevie, but i don't know if he was the best lw of his time. I mean, he lost to a 1 dimensional corrales (which i dont take that much away from him for because the fight was amazing), i thought casa beat him and floyd beat him x 2.
                If there's a lot of guys then name them.

How many people from 00-09 have a better Lightweight resume than Castillo? I'd like to hear them. And considering you said you don't agree then who do you have in mind?

Casamayor, Corrales, Johnston, Lazcano, a razor thin fight with Floyd Mayweather that he very arguably won, and more.

Again, who has a better Lightweight resume from 00-09? If there's any, there's certainly not many. I can't think of any. His Lightweight run was exceptional.

He's pretty much universally recognised as the best Lightweight of his era and deservably so, to be honest.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
                  I'm just saying, it's hypocritical as f**k to get picky all of a sudden just because too many other people got in first. You can't get picky all of a sudden out of nowhere, then it's a double standard...."fool". No disrespect or anything, but you're the guy on here talking s**t, not me. I was just saying that they can't get all picky and the resume's of Corrales and Castillo are at least equal to Tszyu's. And that Genaro and Hatton have better wins than McGuigan and Mitchell. That's all I was saying homie.
                  zoo's amateur resume smashes...that's probably what got him in.

possibly those people are a bit better than the worst guy inthe hof, doesn't mean they should get in. there's ALWAYS an outlier or two.

based on boxing accomplishment alone, none of those 3 deserve it. they're good fighters and hatton is a decent to good fighter, not great.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
                    This is true too. This is why Laszlo Papp got in IMO. It was because of his outstanding amateur background. Won 3 Olympic Gold Medals in a row. Is in the discussion for the greatest amateur of all time.

And, look at his pro resume. Not HOF worthy. I don't see how he could get in as a professional. Because, he didn't really accomplish much. And, it wasn't his fault either IMO. Just hand injury and politics that probably stopped him from gaining reaching his full potential as a pro.

His pro resume is weak. But, his amateur resume can't be denied. And, he is inducted into the IBHOF.
                    of couse. the other people with 3 golds have no pro experience

Comment

• Wow got owned the first page of his thread before I even got a chance to. NICE.

Comment

Working...
                      X