Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fans were robbed Saturday night.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I knew Cotto's precise accuracy was going to give Martinez some problems but no way did I see Martinez getting destroyed like that. Martinez in no way look like he was 50% in that ring and Cotto even knew it that's why he looked a bit disappointed that Martinez looked so bad in there.

Dibella and Sampson can say whatever they want but they knew Martinez was literally on his last legs, problem was Martinez and they thought a smaller fighter like Cotto wasn't going to hurt the bigger Martinez but they were wrong. Roy Jones nailed it when he said that Martinez better not underestimate Cotto's power.

That Vasquez-Sonsana fight was terrible. Both guys looked like they weigh 160lb in there with that slow ass punching.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
      Well Martinez really had no answer for Cotto. Cotto responded well to everything, all Martinez was trying to do was hit a straight left but he couldnt land flash while Cotto seemed to land all his with great accuracy
      We all knew Martinez had no answer because he had no legs. His defense/offense is his legs/distance. Take that away and you have a field day with hooks since he literally has no defense without movement.

Martinez just never came back to his old self after the 12th round vs Chavez.
      It's a win for Cotto, but round one looked like a Martinez who's about to enter the 13th around vs Chavez . Said it from the start. People saying there was nothing wrong need to get their eyes checked.

Comment

Maybe Martinez knew he was not 100% but he gave Cotto full credit for his defeat with no excuses and I'll bet most Cotto fans and Cotto himself are very happy.

Comment

It's embarrassing for people to pretend that Martinez was even 50%, more like 20%. Him and his team conned the public and despite showing heart in the ring I lost some respect for Martinez.

Comment

You people are hilarious with this "Sergio had no legs" bs. Do you people even know anything about a partially torn meniscus?

Comment

Pre-fight = Martinez @ 50% is still to big and strong for washed up Cotto - total mismatch

Post-fight = Dem knees doe!

Comment

Originally posted by Lebanon View Post
                In Puerto Rican, being upset with Martinez for lying about his knees and failing to be a competitive opponent makes you a "Cotto hater".
                Who the ph*ck made you all of a sudden Martinez's spokesman? Martinez said it was the left hook, DiBella...hell, even the doctors said Martinez was fine except for a broken nose. What could possibly motivate Martinez to "lie" when he admitted that he was hurt and disabled before and during the Murray fight? Too much butt-hurtin' going on around here after ridiculous predictions that a 50% Martinez would finish up Cotto. Btw I've seen Puerto Ricans also post the same deluded comments that I've seen you post discrediting Cotto's superb performance, so don't generalize.

Comment

I expected Martinez to get dropped at least once but that fight was eye-opening from the start. I like both fighters but Cotto just set himself up for a mega fight. Cotto/Canelo and Cotto/Mayweather II will be the biggest fight on the horizon i believe. But to answer the actual question, I missed the undercards (beer pong) but big fights are always worth the money. Even Tyson/McNeeley was worth the money.

Comment

I was there and it was worth it you got rob because to me any boxing is better than no boxing

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughts View Post
                      You people are hilarious with this "Sergio had no legs" bs. Do you people even know anything about a partially torn meniscus?
                      No they don't but don't bother telling them

Comment

Working...
                      X