Malignaggi: undefeated, came back to win a championship
    Maussa: undefeated, came back to win a championship
    Quintana: undefeated, came back to win a championship
    Judah: came back to win a championship
    Mosley: became THE welterweight champion after Cotto loss
    N'dou: came back to win a championship
    Clottey: likely to win a championship again
    Foreman: undefeated, might win a championship again
    Not to forget he beat former champions like Cesar Bazan & Corley.
    And Margarito II: avenged his defeat against an Antonio who could probably compete for a title again.

One thing is for sure, Cotto definitely deserves his place in the hall-of-fame - he's a fighter who boxing should be proud of.

As for Cotto-Mayweather, Floyd is rightly the favourite with a 42-0 resume but IF Cotto can come in at 100% and fight the right fight, I would not be surprised if he gets his hand raised!

Co-sign

Comment

I totally respect the guy. It's just that I can't look at his recent fights and believe that he has much to offer Mayweather. I want him to, but I don't logically see it there. I do have a lot of respect for him though and love watching him fight. Hope he does well.

Comment

Originally posted by egodfather View Post
        Cotto's resume reads:

Torres: undefeated, came back to win a championship
        Malignaggi: undefeated, came back to win a championship
        Maussa: undefeated, came back to win a championship
        Quintana: undefeated, came back to win a championship
        Judah: came back to win a championship
        Mosley: became THE welterweight champion after Cotto loss
        N'dou: came back to win a championship
        Clottey: likely to win a championship again
        Foreman: undefeated, might win a championship again
        Not to forget he beat former champions like Cesar Bazan & Corley.
        And Margarito II: avenged his defeat against an Antonio who could probably compete for a title again.

One thing is for sure, Cotto definitely deserves his place in the hall-of-fame - he's a fighter who boxing should be proud of.

As for Cotto-Mayweather, Floyd is rightly the favourite with a 42-0 resume but IF Cotto can come in at 100% and fight the right fight, I would not be surprised if he gets his hand raised!
        Cotto only won ONE title....all the rest were VACANT titles.He squatted on the 140 and 147 titles.

Foreman will be a champ again

Fu/ck are you trying to sell???

Clottey likely to be a champion again

Comment

Originally posted by AlwaysOnTop View Post
          Cotto only won ONE title....all the rest were VACANT titles.He squatted on the 140 and 147 titles.

Foreman will be a champ again

Fu/ck are you trying to sell???

Clottey likely to be a champion again
          Yea I started laughing my ass off when I read that shit.

Cotto is a product of hype from his nationalistic fanatics. They make him out to be into something he's not.

Comment

If you don't respect Cotto, you are not a fan of boxing. Period.
            He is not the best there ever was and never claimed that, but he is fighting the very best and he is a living highlight reel. He leaves his heart out in the ring and always stays classy outside even if he gets hit with ****ing plaster.
            If you don't like this guy, you should seriously question your relation to boxing in general.

He will have next to no chance against Floyd in my opinion, but I'd support the guy even against an army of Mayweathers, Tysons and Alis at the same time.
            If someone earned that payday, it's Cotto.
            Last edited by rochemback; 04-13-2012, 05:01 PM.

Comment

I have tons of respect for Miguel and his willingness to get in the ring with top notch talent.

You did go overboard with your analysis about Margarito, Foreman and Clottely "likely going to be champions again" that is simply not true.

Comment

Originally posted by rochemback View Post
                He is not the best there ever was and never claimed that, but he is fighting the very best and he is a living highlight reel. He leaves his heart out in the ring and always stays classy outside even if he gets hit with ****ing plaster.
                If you don't like this guy, you should seriously question your relation to boxing in general.

He will have next to no chance against Floyd in my opinion, but I'd support the guy even against an army of Mayweathers, Tysons and Alis at the same time.
                So because I don't fall for his bull**** I'm not a fan of boxing?

So getting your ass whooped by elite guys at their best and fighting unranked opponents earned him that payday? It's all favoritism really.

Comment

Indeed.

Comment

Absolute spot on.

I feel the same way, Miguel is not the best talent but is a very professional boxer and a class act.

Im glad that he gets a big payday, he doesnt have a chance in hell but good for him, i will be rooting for him tough.

WAR COTTO.

Comment

Working...
                    X