Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This just in! British Parliament agrees to student demands!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
    Haha me neither! And you know what the worst part is? They're on the receiving end of tons of abuse, they have piss and shit thrown on them, they're attacked and spat on and assaulted and if they fuck up, even once, by hitting someone twice when perhaps once would suffice they can be completely hung out to dry.

It's now part of protest tactics I think, a sort of passive aggressive baiting of the authorities by which the participants go out of their way to provoke a reaction then react angrily and litigiously when their provocation draws a response.

This has been a good discussion but I think we can both agree that nobody has gained anything from yesterday's mess.
    I agree the students were idiotic and Im honestly not condemning the police officer, I have a problem with accepting that its ok to use force in this situation and not in worse situations. I would have brained that student and probably harder than the cop did, but in Mr Hussains case I probably would have done worse things with that cricket bat than Mr. Hussain did also. This is why I try to avoid debating you it comes down to philosophy and its near impossible to sway either persons opinion in that situation. I just think the courts need to look at each incident separately instead of grouping crimes especially with such inane words as reasonable.

Comment

The students got what they wanted.

The state and cops didnt.

The students won, unless this op is a lie.

Comment

Satire. No, they didn't get their way. I outlined a fictional scenario in which parliament was recalled for the day and decided to hold the vote again and it was reversed meaning that smashing the shit out of everything like an angry toddler in a supermarket actually achieved something. Of course nothing of the sort actually happened, the motion passed and the middle class Fauntelroys busy slumming it by smashing windows in Trafalgar square have failed.

But I honestly think that politics is pretty low on the list of motivations for the majority in attendance.
        Ugh....

Comment

In an unprecedented move British parliament has recalled its days session to rehold the vote and this new vote has effectively blocked all legislation pertaining to an increase in tuition fees. National Union of Students spokesperson Miriam Wett-Ferchiena has hailed it as a "great day for democracy".

NO THEY HAVEN'T YOU STUPID FUCKING HIPPIES! You had weeks to lobby your MPs, write letters to parliament, attend community meetings and put together petitions, but it's far more fun to dress up like a twat in a Jester's outfit and wave a fucking placard with the rest of your ridiculous student friends!

Way to get the **** kicked out of you by the police for NO FUCKING REASON!
          nick clegg! is that you???

Comment

Dispersal used to be standard police technique for preventing riots. The trouble is that it simply allows the rioters to rally and start up again elsewhere. It only defers the problem. Kettling on the other hand works by keeping everyone in one place until they no longer have the desire or spirit to riot. They get demoralised and just want to go home. So kettling is a considerably safer and more effective method than dispersal.
            I actually agree with this. The best tactic is indeed kettling. It causes less inuries and gives the police less of a bad name.

If these protests had occured in Italy there would have been unmarked black caabinieri everywhere, masked and completely unidentifiable. There would have been tear gas and rubber bullets and far more than the single digits in injuries there were on the day.

I'm quite a fan of British police tactics on the mainland. They allow protestors to let it all hang out and its quite impressive that this is what democracy looks like.

If anyone remembers Seattle and Genoa the police tactics WERE disgusting. And in Haiti with the protests at the elections two people are dead due to the stranglehold the state is effectign on civil liberties there.
            Last edited by DET. IRONSIDE; 12-10-2010, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Gore View Post
              The students got what they wanted.

The state and cops didnt.

The students won, unless this op is a lie.
              I already told you, the OP is sarcasm. They didn't get what they wanted, the vote was passed and the legislation is before the Lords.

Comment

I already told you, the OP is sarcasm. They didn't get what they wanted, the vote was passed and the legislation is before the Lords.
                I saw it after I made that post. I should've know better.

Comment

I actually agree with you here Squealpiggy.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ILLuminato View Post
                      I actually agree with you here Squealpiggy.
                      It's probably for the wrong reasons though.

Comment

Working...
                      X