No announcement yet.

Why 24/7 owns everything.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why 24/7 owns everything.

On the surface boxing is a demonstration of the animal instinct ...but at it's heart it is an expression of all that man is capable of.

The potential to realize the most improbable of dreams...The power of one to move millions

the resilience to endure loss...and to emerge from it with added strength.

The facility to develop the most particular of wisdom's...

The tolerance to live... even when deterioration is inevitable.

With fearless skill...pure faith and tenacious purpose...

They enter the ring.

Animals...Fighting on extinct .

Men ...Celebrating what is possible.

beautiful.

I like it. Sometimes it can get a bit corny though....

Comment

Originally posted by ILLuminato View Post
      I like it. Sometimes it can get a bit corny though....
      no it's ALWAYS corny. over done bloviated pseudo-metaphysical drivel.

Comment

Originally posted by iron lung View Post
        no it's ALWAYS corny. over done bloviated pseudo-metaphysical drivel.
        Rorschach would love it.... He's always writing about the human existence.
        Last edited by BOOMbip; 05-02-2009, 02:07 PM.

Comment

I like it. HBO Sports producers are good in writing good drama for their shows. For some it's not their cup of tea. But for me, glorifying sports especially with boxing where it's man vs. man rather than team vs. team is all good. It is made to be a metaphor for our daily lives with trials and tribulations. Corny as it seems but it is TV afterall.

Comment

The deeper meaning of it all is basically more money for the fighters and hype for the fight wrapped up in a pretty dress(all that other dramatic crap in the first post.

Comment

[QUOTE=jreckoning;5193546]The deeper meaning of it all is basically more money for the fighters and hype for the fight wrapped up in a pretty dress(all that other dramatic crap in the first post.[/QUOTE

I like the build up and the drama...It's glorifying the sport that I love...anyway it beats anything else on tv with a hammer.

Comment

no, i think if it were any other sport then it would be cheesy but boxing is a brutal sport.
                And it takes only the very bravest to do it as a career and lifestyle

Comment

24/7 does an amazing job of hyping things up. Wonder who exactly wrote those verses...

Comment

Originally posted by BOOMbip View Post
                    Rorschach would love it.... He's always writing about the human existence.
                    rorschach would be sickened by the corporate hypocrisy and you'd probably find one of the HBO exec's bodies slung by their 300$ armani ties in a dank office with a rotting dog's head pooling blood on the floor for effect.

Comment

Working...
                    X