Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's Your Opinion On The Current State Of Boxing.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
    The sport is like the wild west if that's an accurate way to describe it there is no order to it all we have too many divisions, too many belts and a case of fighters/promoters not willing to negotiate with other promoters.

The problem with boxing is compare it to a UFC fight care and ask yourself these certain things about that fight card
    • Was the undercard entertaining
    • Did the undercard have competitive fights
    • Was the main-event a fight that should have happened

Now here is how it differs the answer most of the time for UFC is a big fat YES to all of those whereas with boxing the first two mainly are answered with no and 50% of the time with the main-event question being yes/no.

Now that is a problem obviously but there are loads of problems with boxing, boxing fans brag about how much more money their athletes get over UFC/MMA athletes but they completely skip the part about their athletes fighting guys they should be every fight so boxers being paid too much is definitely an issue why would a fighter want to fight someone good for a million dollars (which absolutely should be considered good money) when he can fight a bum like Alexander Brand and earn the same money whilst Brand gets $30k?
    The fighters NEED to be forced into taking meaningful fights which leads to another problem... too many promotions and whatever way you want to look at it this is just an issue these guys rarely want to deal with each other because either one will make it impossible and maybe an odd one will be willing to negotiate.

UFC might be monopolized but If you ask people which is more entertaining I'm pretty certain UFC will win that vote most of the time too many greedy people in boxing ruining everything it's a great sport but it has way too many issues nobody wants to wait fxcking 6 years to see a fight with the best two fighters who are fighting in the same weight division that would NEVER EVER happen in the UFC it's an absolute joke this is why that company has tried to monopolize things so we can eventually force the best to fight the best.

And finally nobody wants to see a youth fight some 5 and 30 losses guy... NOBODY wants to see that shiet!!
    Competition is drastically needed for these youth kids pit them against one another let the best succeed its a dog eat world you can't spoon feed an 18 year old ffs.
    Spot on. Haymon has been killing boxing. I mean I'm all for fighters getting paid for but like you said they keep giving them a million to fight over matched opponents and now expect Mayweather or Manny money whenever the public wants them to step up and fight anybody good.

With Haymons money going dry and HBO cutting their budget and Showtime pretty much being a non factor since PBC started boxing is in really rough shape right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
      Funny enough, it all started with Floyd and perfected by Pacman. That's how we're reached to this point. But there isn't a vacuum at ww. There are some fine fine ww's right now. We had Porter/One time this year. That was an excellent scrap. There's that young kat knocking heads. All we need is for Garcia to find his balls again. There's a lot of potential there, minus the afore mentioned Pacman still hanging around fighting c class fighters.

But all that needs to be said is Ward/Kova is going down. That's one of the most important fights in quite some time. Then the possibility of GGG/DJ. Another meaningful fight.

If the boxing fans would purge themselves of the infatuation with Floyd/Pacman's overrated ppv runs of fighting guys they know they could beat, (past down to canelo), and demand quality ppv's, if there are going to be ppv's, like Ward/Kova, we could get this ship righted.

Some people have canelo as a top 5 pfp fighter. That seems crazy, because he's not the best at 160, hell, is he even the best at 154?? Lets keep it real. Most people didn't think he beat Lara and who's actually convinced he beats the Charlo bwoys and the BooBoo?
      I think the vacuum is there, because there's no ONE WW vying for top spot. I thought that after Floyd retired, WWs would be falling over themselves to take the vacant number one spot. I mean, if you look at it, there isn't a clear gap between any of the current top guys, and with an ageing Pac still around, HE'S who they should be gunning for as well as each other. But instead, all we've gotten is Thurman v Porter - a fight that had me on the edge of my seat the whole time. Problem is, that's the ONLY top fight we've gotten, and Ward v Kov will be the second.

I do agree with the point about guys abolishing this whole concept of fighting pie makers on PPV. I mean, no disrespect, but Beefy looked like he supplemented his regular income of making furniture with boxing. People were charged $70 for such a garbage fight.

There are so many competitive fights that can be made, but Canelo, a supposed P4P boxer is content with fighting no hopers.
      Last edited by P.K Dionysus; 09-24-2016, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Professional boxing as a sport is dead. It's just a cluster **** of en****** trying to make a quick buck

Comment

Originally posted by DionysusX View Post
          I think the vacuum is there, because there's no ONE WW vying for top spot. I thought that after Floyd retired, WWs would be falling over themselves to take the vacant number one spot. I mean, if you look at it, there isn't a clear gap between any of the current top guys, and with an ageing Pac still around, HE'S who they should be gunning for as well as each other. But instead, all we've gotten is Thurman v Porter - a fight that had me on the edge of my seat the whole time. Problem is, that's the ONLY top fight we've gotten, and Ward v Kov will be the second.

I do agree with the point about guys abolishing this whole concept of fighting pie makers on PPV. I mean, no disrespect, but Beefy looked like he supplemented his regular income of making furniture with boxing. People were charged $70 for such a garbage fight.

There are so much competitive fights that can be made, but Canelo, a supposed P4P boxer is content with fighting no hopers.
          Can you name a recognizable welterweight who doesn't want to fight Pacman?? That's a scalp One Time would love to own. The thing is Pacman chooses who he fights, not the other way around. None of those top guys can force Pacman to fight them. Which further illustrates what I've said before. It's Floyd/Pacman and canelo's fault to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
            Can you name a recognizable welterweight who doesn't want to fight Pacman?? That's a scalp One Time would love to own. The thing is Pacman chooses who he fights, not the other way around. None of those top guys can force Pacman to fight them. Which further illustrates what I've said before. It's Floyd/Pacman and canelo's fault to begin with.
            Point taken. So do you think he should just **** off and leave the young lions to fight amongst themselves?

Also, where do you think Tim Bradley fits in to all this? Elite, or high class gate keeper?

Comment

Guys fighting like Fury or Mayweather are a big problem.
              I understand boxing mavens will appreciate Floyd, and for a reason, but such fighters will not be able to generate money for boxing.
              Many ppl saw the 'fight of the century' only to be BORED TO DEATH. Sure you can blame tham for not having a refined tastes, but they'll just shrug their shoulders, "f**k that, I'm never watching boxing again". If we don't want to see boxing to give way to MMA and stuff over the next couple of decades, we need to make boxing exciting to an average Joe, not just to a select group of experts.

Comment

1. Not enough personality in the sport.
                2. Too many boxers that wanna be Mayweather
                3. Fear of losing
                4. Fear of being challenged
                5. Al Haymon
                6. PBC
                7. Showtime
                8. No tournaments

Problems in Boxing

Comment

boxing is committing death by slow suicide.gayweather jr started it and that turd of a ppv ended it.boxing will never recover ufc is taking over.

Comment

Originally posted by DionysusX View Post
                    Point taken. So do you think he should just **** off and leave the young lions to fight amongst themselves?

Also, where do you think Tim Bradley fits in to all this? Elite, or high class gate keeper?
                    Yes. I wish Pacman stayed gone. Bradley is a solid scalp for any of the top guys. But top rank still seems to want to keep his fights in house. Plus Bradley may still be able to beat a couple of his fellow ww contemporaries.

Comment

Originally posted by casheddie View Post
                      1. Not enough personality in the sport.
                      2. Too many boxers that wanna be Mayweather
                      3. Fear of losing
                      4. Fear of being challenged
                      5. Al Haymon
                      6. PBC
                      7. Showtime
                      8. No tournaments

Problems in Boxing
                      don't forget about the ****ty over priced ppvs like ****nelo vs smith and fights being over marinated.hell you can make a top 100 problems in boxing.

Comment

Working...
                      X