Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Erik 'El Terrible' Morales got robbed. He beat Maidana.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steak View Post
    it was a close fight, but I dont see how Morales 'schooled' Maidana in the early rounds. hell, those were some of Maidanas best rounds.

Maidana did good very early and late. Morales picked up a number of rounds inbetween.
    apart from round 1. Morales pretty much controlled the entire fight. He dictated the pace and when they were exchanging, Morales landed the more cleaner and effective punches. Morales also ended stronger in almost ever exchange. Maidana did good in the last 2 rounds though.
    Last edited by wazaa.; 04-10-2011, 03:44 PM.

Comment

it was a close fight, but I dont see how Morales 'schooled' Maidana in the early rounds. hell, those were some of Maidanas best rounds.

Maidana did good very early and late. Morales picked up a number of rounds inbetween.
      I disagree Morales was blocking most of Maidanas shots early on.. bobbing and weaving fighting at his own pace and beat up Maidana several times.... Morales performance and effort was a thing of beauty i did not expect that all.

ps your pic makes me really hungry!

Comment

I missed the first two rounds and gave them to Maidana by default. And still had it 7-5 Morales.

Comment

he landed the cleaner, more damaging punches in some rounds. but just not enough of them. Maidana swept the first two and last two rounds, and did more damage in a few others. Maidana missed a lot of punches, but he still landed more than Morales most the time.

prime Morales would have KOed Maidana, no question. I thought that before the fight. but he just didnt win this fight.
          If I remember correctly, I scored the fight:

rd 1: Maidana
          rd 2: Morales
          rd 3: Morales
          rd 4: Maidana
          rd 5: Morales
          rd 6: Morales
          rd 7: Morales
          rd 8: Even
          rd 9: Morales
          rd 10: Morales
          rd 11: Maidana
          rd 12: Maidana

Final score: 116-113 Morales. What were your scores?

Comment

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
            apart from round 1. Morales pretty much controlled the entire fight. He dictated the pace and when they were exchanging, Morales landed the more cleaner and effective punches. Morales also ended stringer in almost ever exchange. Maidana did good in the last 2 rounds though.
            youre only remembering the exchanges. Morales was very inactive in a lot of the rounds. Maidana filled in those gaps with punches, and even in exchanges he would land some good shots too. Plus he would hammer at Morales whenever Morales got on the ropes, and although Morales played defense well and kept cool, he was still getting hit.

Comment

If I remember correctly, I scored the fight:

rd 1: Maidana
              rd 2: Morales
              rd 3: Morales
              rd 4: Maidana
              rd 5: Morales
              rd 6: Morales
              rd 7: Morales
              rd 8: Even
              rd 9: Morales
              rd 10: Morales
              rd 11: Maidana
              rd 12: Maidana

Final score: 116-113 Morales. What were your scores?
              I didnt write them down, I just keep the score from round to round in my head, but Im quite surprised you gave Morales the 2nd round.

Ill have to rewatch the fight and write them down I guess.

Comment

youre only remembering the exchanges. Morales was very inactive in a lot of the rounds. Maidana filled in those gaps with punches, and even in exchanges he would land some good shots too. Plus he would hammer at Morales whenever Morales got on the ropes, and although Morales played defense well and kept cool, he was still getting hit.
                He was getting hit on the arms though. Morales landed clean crisp punches. It was a close fight but I just can't see how you can favor a guy throwing punches to the arms over a guy who was throwing clean punches to the head and body.

Comment

I had it 7 rounds to 5 for Maidana

Rd1-Maidana
                  Rd2-Maidana
                  Rd3-Maidana
                  Rd4-Maidana
                  Rd5-Morales
                  Rd6-Morales
                  Rd7-Morales
                  Rd8-Morales
                  Rd9-Maidana
                  Rd10-Morales
                  Rd11-Maidana
                  Rd12-Maidana

I thought Maidana's workrate gave him the slight edge. Fight was close though

Comment

He was getting hit on the arms though. Morales landed clean crisp punches. It was a close fight but I just can't see how you can favor a guy throwing punches to the arms over a guy who was throwing clean punches to the head and body.
                    because Maidana was also landing clean shots to the body and head, as evidence by Morales' eyeball evaporating and being exhasuted late despite a low workrate. and getting hit on the arms still does damage, although of course not as much as clean shots to the head and body. Morales did well in spots, but Maidana won the rest of the time.

close fight though.

Comment

Maidana landed cleaner body shots.

Comment

Working...
                      X