No announcement yet.

Glen Johnson: "Tavoris Cloud ILLEGALLY switched gloves before our fight"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glen Johnson: "Tavoris Cloud ILLEGALLY switched gloves before our fight"

JOHNSON: CLOUD ILLEGALLY SWITCHED GLOVES BEFORE OUR FIGHT!
    By Socrates Palmer Jr

Boxing Talk has obtained a copy of a letter sent to ABC head Tim Lueckenhoff by Glen Johnson's attorney regarding complaining about an alleged switcheroo of the gloves worn by Tavoris Cloud when he narrowly defeated Johnson on Saturday. The letter states, "Dear Mr. Lueckenhoff: A very serious impropriety occurred in connection with the [Cloud-Johnson] fight last night.... After some argument wherein the Cloud camp attempted to change the contractually agreed upon gloves, the camps agreed that both sides would use ten ounce red Everlast of a certain model. Both camps had the opportunity to examine the gloves to be used to ensure they were appropriate. Normally a marking is placed by a commission representative upon the gloves examined and agreed upon and we assume that was done here. Between the selection of the gloves and the fight, someone switched the gloves to be used by Cloud. This was discovered and objected to when Cloud entered the ring wearing a different color and different model than that which had been selected in the presence of both camps and which had been selected by both camps."

http://boxing talk.com/pag/article.php?aid=20306
    (remove space)
    Yes
    30.43%
    No
    43.48%
    Maybe
    26.09%

this has been posted. The gloves have been taken so I'm sure if there was any funny stuff we would know by now. sounds like an innocent mistake.

My apologies because I can't think of the posters name right now and I know it, but someone here works for Everlast and drops great knowledge about gloves all the time, I'd like to hear his thoughts.
    Last edited by ИATAS; 08-09-2010, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
      this has been posted. The gloves have been taken so I'm sure if there was any funny stuff we would know by now. sounds like an innocent mistake
      my fault, mods please delete this thread (or merge) thanks.

Comment

this coupled with Johnson's pouty post fight reaction makes me kinda glad he lost now

Comment

Cloud u sneeky fcker

Comment

Originally posted by SuckaPunch View Post
            my fault, mods please delete this thread (or merge) thanks.
            nah keep it since you have a poll.

Comment

They were both everlast and both 10 oz weren't they? So what is Johnson complaining about?

Comment

I thought he only changed to black 10oz everlast pros becasue he wanted to match?

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                  this has been posted. The gloves have been taken so I'm sure if there was any funny stuff we would know by now. sounds like an innocent mistake.

My apologies because I can't think of the posters name right now and I know it, but someone here works for Everlast and drops great knowledge about gloves all the time, I'd like to hear his thoughts.
                  Eaner's his name.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
                    I thought he only changed to black 10oz everlast pros becasue he wanted to match?
                    that's what I'm thinking.

There are different models so I mean, maybe Johnson is being very picky and upset because they agreed on "1910" but Cloud wore something else. That's what I'm guessing anyway..

Comment

Working...
                    X