No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Alvarez vs. Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. Deal Reached

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
    it probably went the same as Canelo-Khan, where Golden Boy dealt directly with Khans pops and then pops got Haymon to sign off.

In this case Golden Boy probably dealt with either Fernando Beltran or Sean Gibbons, whichever one is the current shot-caller for Chavez, and then they handled the Haymon sign-off on their end....
    Thanks Terry, just think its better overall for the fans if the rival factions would work more often with each other, it seems like so many more good fights could be made. I am just a fan of the fights, could care less what channels they are on or who is the promoter, the politics is so hard to explain to friends who are casuals it confuses most, and turns them off of this great sport/business.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
      Or you can accept the reality of the situation which is Canelo is the only thing that makes Golden Boy some money, which they have very little of, thus the Khan and Chavez fights, low risk high reward, rather than fighting the one opponent all of his fans and boxing fans want Canelo to actually fight. Rather than be considered a warrior and mimic Oscar's career of fighting all the best opponents then have him called a coward by steering away from the tough fight. The fact that you have to resort to "it's good business though!" is exactly the point I wanted to make.
      Isnt ggg on the business side of the sport too.. im not saying is right, but thats boxing and that includes your hero too...

Comment

Originally posted by r1onnie2 View Post
        What's up with the 164.5 though?
        I think it's the square root of "pollo".

Comment

Canelo already one when he negotiated that catch weight. Chavez is going to die at the weigh in lol!

Comment

Chavez is gonna have to cut off an arm to make the weight. Did anybody see him at the weigh in for his last fight? At 168??? What's the over under on him making weight.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
              I won't watch this fight.
              Nobody cares

Comment

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
                Why do people keep bringing up that Canelo is MW? I dont like the guy but he's never fought over 155 lbs. He is not the only guy in boxing who enters the ring the next day weighing more than the weight limit. Why don't people ***** about Crawford coming in over 150 for his fights? What about Porter? Didn't Peterson come in at 160 when he fought Garcia? People only ***** about next day weights when it suits them.
                And Cuellar on 145 pounds vs Darchinyan, Gamboa in 140 pounds when he was a 126 pounds, Donaire in 138 pounds vs Rigo.

Roman Gonzalez in 126 pounds when he made 111 pounds.

The reason is because Canelo is Mexican.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                  160 pounds too big though!!!
                  Need to get acclimated to 160 first... by jumping to New Caneloweight at 165.

What a joke this guy is.

Funny how all these guys fool everyone when they first come out then turn into a damn joke.

EDIT:
                  Wait.... This is actually at 164.5 and not 165?

Comment

this fight is about 5 years too late. sadly the promoters know people are dumb enough to buy this garbage.

Comment

Only reason i'm happy with this fight is because it means Canelo is done with 155 lb fights. After this i'm assuming he'll be settled in at the middleweight division where he belongs.

Comment

Working...
                      X