No announcement yet.

I don't think Broner would beat Rios

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by howdy potna View Post
    Knew people would bring up Abril. The thing about Abril, is that Abril didn't even throw punches in the late rounds. He literally ran and when he didn't it was Philly shell all day. In the beginning he was standing somewhat in the pocket and exchanged, but later on he coasted.
    Its not Abril that worried me it's Alvarado looking like Ali whenever he decided to jab and box against Rios, just didn't stick with it.

Comment

Broner's defensively sound, has quick hands and has power at close range. He'll be just fine against Rios.

But one's with Haymon/GBP and the other is with Top Rank so its a fantasy fight at best.

Comment

Originally posted by Fasttimes View Post
        Its not Abril that worried me it's Alvarado looking like Ali whenever he decided to jab and box against Rios, just didn't stick with it.
        I disagree. I don't think he was overly effective at doing it and he didn't stick with it because Rios was wearing him out. Alvarado is not a boxer by nature, hes a puncher. Hell Prescott was looking like Robinson against Alvarado and Prescott is as stiff as they come. I think you are confusing "jabbing and boxing" with just taking a few steps back to get more leverage and space to load up on even more power shots and flicking a lazy jab out every now and then, which is all that Alvarado did. That is not boxing.

Comment

I feel like it would pan out like Mayweather-Castillo I, the style match-up anyway.

Comment

everyone would call rios a bum after broner picked him apart............

Comment

Imo Rios would stop Broner.. Rios hits way harder than De Marco or Escobedo. We know wjat Broner looks like against hard hitting pressure fighters (DeLeon). Rios is a beast!!!

Comment

I think it would be a good fight to watch. Both fighters will come to fight....and thats all that matters to me! That and both are still in prime conditioning of course!

Comment

I seriously doubt it'd be competitive. Broner would lick his chops at the prospect of such an easy meal.

Comment

Originally posted by BrokenHat View Post
                    I seriously doubt it'd be competitive. Broner would lick his chops at the prospect of such an easy meal.
                    BAM BAM all day..

PRPP

Comment

I doubt they will feed him Rios at this point.
                      This fight is clearly a fight many fans would want to see.
                      I doubt they will feed him Rios at this point.
                      He might get exposed.

Wait at least five years to see it happen.

Comment

Working...
                      X