Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has any boxer ever come back to fight after a serious injury?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Might be wrong, but I think I remember hearin Cotto fell asleep at the wheel and got hurt pretty bad, but came back to boxing.

Comment

Sugar Ray with his eye

Holyfield with his heart

Comment

Originally posted by mangler View Post
        Might be wrong, but I think I remember hearin Cotto fell asleep at the wheel and got hurt pretty bad, but came back to boxing.
        Yeah, early in his career, he almost died in a car crash when he fell asleep at the wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by VERSATILE2K9 View Post
          Holyfield with his heart
          I'm not totally sure what the story was with his heart. It was said to be misdiagnosed. Holyfield said that he went to the hospital after the Moorer fight with shortness of breath, and the doctor gave him morphine which made his heart look abnormal.

The NSAC doctor said his symptoms were consistent with HGH use, but they didn't test for it so they just let him go after he said he didn't use them.

Comment

Didn't Barrera had some kind of head surgery?

Comment

Originally posted by !! AI-Holmes!! View Post
              Didn't Barrera had some kind of head surgery?
              He has a metal plate in his head.

Comment

edwin valero had a motorcycle accident before turning pro

Comment

Jeff lacy had to surgically completely reconstruct his left shoulder.

Comment

Larry Holmes fought a few times with a detached retina. Frazier fought Ali with a bad back, bad elbow and with cataracts in one of his eyes. Floyd Patterson had bad back problems as his career went on, one of his cornermen famously tried to loosen his back in his corner during one of his fights with Ali.

Holyfield had hepatitis and an enlarged heart after his first fight with Michael Moorer.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                      Willie Pep was in an airplane crash. Vinnie Paz broke his neck and came back all juiced up.
                      For me, nothing beats that one

Comment

Working...
                      X