Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the criteria for a BRUTAL KO????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All you need is a punch and khan's chin...

Comment

One possibility is to use the Glasgow Coma Scale. It registers from 1 to 5 with 5 being the lease Coma'd (eyes alert, can speak and respond) and goes all the way down to a 1.

A #1 is really bad. Total unconsciousness, no life in any limbs, think Green-Codrington. Tate-Weaver. Graham-Jackson, Williams-Peter.

A #2 looks worse than a 1 but from a medical standpoint it's not. A victim cannot speak or do much else other than reflexively spasming his limbs. It's called Decerebrate posturing and often we see boxers reacting from trauma in this way. Their arms straghten out away from the body and the legs stretch and shake while the toes curl. (Think Adilson Rodriquez vs Evander Holyfield, Simon Brown vs Vincent Pettway)

A #3 is called Decorticate posturing and although a victim may be able to utter a few words he still lacks control over his limbs. His arms are usually pulled against his body rigidly while his legs straighten out often accompanied with quivering. Think Jones-Tarver for this one.

I'll mention on other disturbing form of posturing. Opisthotonus. This is when a victim arches his back to the point where only the back of his head and feet remain on the canvas. I've only seen this once in all my years of watching fights. That was when Ray Jones brutally KOd Art Serwano.

After topploing sideways from a massive right from Jones, Serwano began showing signs of Opisthotonus. The next thing I know he was arching back on the ring apron looking up at the camera with his eyes rolling back in his head. It was wayy ****ed... He looked like a frickin zombie but fortunately the kid turned out ok.

Boxing has its share of these types of KOs but if you want to see em much more frequently tune into some MMA. Dudes are getting ****in wrecked left and right in that sport. Do a search for Sean Salmon. He has two COMA SCALE KO losses in the past year. Curled up, twitching, head turned one way, body the other as he hovers on his hip over the canvas...

Amazingly, Salmon always bounces back from these. I think he just has an 'Off' switch that triggers these truly bizarre reactions from a blow.

Comment

Either a 1 hit K.O. that breaks some bone-s in your face.

A Superb 4 hit combo that doesn't include a jab.

A beat down like cotto got but in only 4 rounds then Ko'd in the 4th or Opening of the 5th by a 1 banger.

Those 3 would be brutal ko's for me.

Comment

Linares sparking Diaz is one of my fave "brutal" KO's.

Comment

Working...
          X