Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was last night one of the worst cards ever?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was last night one of the worst cards ever?

I think it was. We had a shot angulo being dominated for 10 rounds, then a robbery against Vasquez. I'll admit I gave some rounds to bey and wouldn't have an issue with him winning since it was close but that scorecard was the worst I have ever seen.
    We then got cruz fight a sparring partner and call out rigo when we know there's no chance he'll take it.

And then we had STOP STOP STOP as the main event. I'll admit maidana fought a little dirty at times but mayweather blatantly held. When he got against the ropes he would clinch because he knew bay less would break it up and move them to the middle of the ring again. He throws a low blow, elbows and holds constantly yet was never deducted a point or even warned about holding.

If this is what haymon run cards look like I fear for boxing. I'll put my hand up and say mayweather beat maidana and there's no need for a rematch but come on.....he was way more dirty than maidana.

Originally posted by Wuckoo View Post
    I think it was. We had a shot angulo being dominated for 10 rounds, then a robbery against Vasquez. I'll admit I gave some rounds to bey and wouldn't have an issue with him winning since it was close but that scorecard was the worst I have ever seen.
    We then got cruz fight a sparring partner and call out rigo when we know there's no chance he'll take it.

And then we had STOP STOP STOP as the main event. I'll admit maidana fought a little dirty at times but mayweather blatantly held. When he got against the ropes he would clinch because he knew bay less would break it up and move them to the middle of the ring again. He throws a low blow, elbows and holds constantly yet was never deducted a point or even warned about holding.

If this is what haymon run cards look like I fear for boxing. I'll put my hand up and say mayweather beat maidana and there's no need for a rematch but come on.....he was way more dirty than maidana.
    That's why Arum and Delahoya are merging so we don't have crappy Haymon cards I rather have Don Crook King than Haymon

Comment

Angulo fight was not bad but didn't care for it to begin with. Bey vs Vazquez was trash. Santa Cruz beat up Salkas cousin and the main event was a disgrace.

Comment

I would say yeah, it was one of the worst cards but the Pac fight coming up will be up there too. I glad I didn't pay for the fight last night if I did I would be pissed off right now. I did watch it though.

Comment

Originally posted by Ringlife View Post
          I would say yeah, it was one of the worst cards but the Pac fight coming up will be up there too. I glad I didn't pay for the fight last night if I did I would be pissed off right now. I did watch it though.
          I usually don't like tr cards but the loma fight might be good hopefully. If oscar and arum can get together then the cards would be amazing

Comment

It was a disgracefully bad event.

Anybody who bought that PPV is unlikely to ever buy one again.

Floyd and Haymon are hurting the sport of boxing.

Comment

Sadly I've seen and paid for much much worse cards.

Comment

Originally posted by jrrod02 View Post
                Sadly I've seen and paid for much much worse cards.
                Damn! What cards were they?

Comment

Originally posted by Wuckoo View Post
                  Damn! What cards were they?
                  There have been a lot of awful cards.
                  Pacquiao vs Clottey, I remember going to here in Dallas, thinking it was pretty lousy. The Pacquiao/Rios undercard and main event were pretty lousy too.

Just recently the Martinez/Cotto card was pretty bad.

I can't remember all of them but some of Oscar's undercards were just as terrible.

Comment

That was a horrible horrible card. You know it's bad when everyone is having a regular conversation during the middle of Bey-Vasquez.

Comment

Working...
                    X