Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amir Khan: Why he just can’t win over the doubters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amir Con has had everything handed to him on a plate. He is a bum. End of. If he wasn't a "fighter" he would be driving around the North West in a Range Rover (paid for by mummy and daddy), grooming and selling drugs like the rest of "Team Khan". Absolute ****ing muppet. I can't wait till he gets banged out again but nothing will top him getting laid out by Breidis Prescott. Made my day.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
      Think that's a fair article.

What i don't understand is why some people still claim he's a overhyped Brit fighter. He get's 10 times the hype and respect in America than he does here in the UK.
      Sadly, a lot of it is grounded in his race and religion. People are narrow minded haters.

Comment

Originally posted by Hardasnailz View Post
        Amir Con has had everything handed to him on a plate. He is a bum. End of. If he wasn't a "fighter" he would be driving around the North West in a Range Rover (paid for by mummy and daddy), grooming and selling drugs like the rest of "Team Khan". Absolute ****ing muppet. I can't wait till he gets banged out again but nothing will top him getting laid out by Breidis Prescott. Made my day.
        grooming what exactly and why?

Comment

Think that's a fair article.

What i don't understand is why some people still claim he's a overhyped Brit fighter. He get's 10 times the hype and respect in America than he does here in the UK.
          Yea I laugh when I see the "overhyped Brit" that some of these American posters cry out, Khan is hardly rate over here, he gets abuse more than anything and he probably has more American fans than British fans (His Pakistani people probably supports him).

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
            grooming what exactly and why?
            grooming is what a lot of british Pakistani gangs do to young white girls age like 12-14, it's basically gang rape but more subtle.

Comment

Oh dont worry about that, we will support one of our own even if others dont. He's a good kid, he works hard and he's willing to learn. What's not to like?

Comment

Probably because we had him forced down our throats as the next big things for years while he fought nobodies on national TV. I also think a lot of people bought into the hype and feel let down by him.

Personally, I've been saying he'd get knocked out at World level since the Willie Limond fight, so can't really say I've been let down much. However, it does get old listening to him blame trainers for his flaws, while hyping up his newest trainer... until the same thing happens again.

Comment

I never liked Khan from the start and the reason is simple, he is overpaid and overhyped. He got his chances in the pro game handed to him because he was groomed to be a star even though his talent doesn't hold up. Now even when he has been exposed countless times he still gets favors from GBP etc and paid way too much and ranked way too highly. People always say his problem is his defense but it isn't (his defense ain't amazing sure). His defense in the Diaz fight was good but every fighter will get hit in a fight and unlike other fighters, when Khan gets hit, he gets hurt and the gameplan goes out the window and he either runs around the ring or he tries to trade. He gets hurt too easily.

Comment

One of Khan's biggest crimes, as far as I can work out, is that he is not as good as Floyd Mayweather
                    Some more crimes:

Getting knocked down a total of 10 times in his career at 26 years old, matching 35 year old, 52-fight Zab Judah on the same night Judah was KD'ed for the 10th time of his career.

Getting brutally knocked out by Breidis Prescott and avoiding the rematch like the plague. Til this day, Amir Khan and his handlers are still terrified of Prescott and are probably waiting 'til Prescott has 10 losses to rematch him.

Julio Diaz sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by T-97 View Post
                      Probably because we had him forced down our throats as the next big things for years while he fought nobodies on national TV. I also think a lot of people bought into the hype and feel let down by him.

Personally, I've been saying he'd get knocked out at World level since the Willie Limond fight, so can't really say I've been let down much. However, it does get old listening to him blame trainers for his flaws, while hyping up his newest trainer... until the same thing happens again.
                      This right here. I've watched Amir Khan since his olympic success. The sense of entitlement that has gone along with his pro career has been astounding. The master of spin, Ol Fish Eyes Frank Warren, started it with a "rematch" against Mario Kindelan (his olympic conqueror). Then Khan was given top billing on prime time UK tv right from the get go.... and was getting put down by career super featherweights (Gomez and Limmond) while spouting he was the next big thing.

Then he basically was already playing the superstar card when refusing to fight John Murray, stating he was already beyond that despite no even winning a British title. The money his team/family were demanding would only be satisfied by a Sky contract. I remember the advertising like it was yesterday: "Lewis, Tyson, Hamed, Hatton..... Khan joins all the legends on Sky". On which he went on to get knocked out in 54 seconds in his first fight. Who's fault was it? His trainer's of course.

Khan did go on to improve despite some careful matchmaking along the way (Oisin ***an?). Under Roach Khan put together some good wins which led to his spouting about a Mayweather fight (not for the first time as he did claim he'd be ready for either Mayweather or Pacquiao in a couple more fights just before getting sparked by Prescott). Two losses later.... it was his trainer's fault again.

Despite careful matchmaking again in the "rebuilding" process, Khan hasn't convinced. Yet he is held up as some sort of prize for those going through harder opponents despite still being bounced around by lesser fighters.

As a Brit, my dislike of Khan has nothing to do with his ethnic origin, but his teen-like sense of entitlement from the start. His "superstar" attitude to peers from very early in his career, and most importantly, while being talented, he seems to lack any kind of self awareness and balmes all his flaws and defeats on other people. I can enjoy his fights, yes, but I can't respect an athlete that won't acknowledge his own flaws. Too much "yes man" treatment from the start.

Comment

Working...
                      X