No announcement yet.

More impressive: 48-0 streak Larry Holmes or 43-0 Floyd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Halls of Fame View Post
    Holmes didn't get robbed in any of the Spinks fights. I scored both fights for Spinks by 2 points.
    I think he got robbed in the 2nd fight.. I'm not saying judges were corrupt, Im saying the rant Holmes went on after Spinks I did influenced just about everybody out there and turned a lot of people against him.

Reading articles about Holmes at the time.. his public image went from bad to worst after his Marciano rant and about how Rocky wasn't even good enough to carry his jock strap.

Even Eddie Murphy made fun of him in a stand up lol

Comment

Originally posted by apocalypto View Post
      Yea bc rosario camacho taylor la porte mayweather pernell where all bums. Not to mention all the other good fighters he defeated in that run.
      The fight with Pernell was a Draw; which many believed he Pernell won. And his first 50 or so opposition where "Tomatoe Can/Cab Drivers"!

Comment

Originally posted by BigAlexSand View Post
        The fight with Pernell was a Draw; which many believed he Pernell won. And his first 50 or so opposition where "Tomatoe Can/Cab Drivers"!
        pernell won

bad robbery it was

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Haynes View Post
          Holmes and it ain't even close. Sheeid Holmes got robbed against Spinks twice WITH a bad hand. And he NEVER cherry picked.

Real boxing fans recognize this..........The poll speaks for itself.

Comment

Mayweather, in my opinion. Holmes had some good wins over Norton, Shavers, Berbick, Cooney, and others in the Top 10 at HW.

But Floyd's run of 5 weight classes while staying unbeaten against Genaro, Corrales, Chavez, Castillo, Judah, Oscar, Hatton, Marquez, Mosley, Ortiz, and Cotto, I just think the better opposition goes to Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
              Mayweather, in my opinion. Holmes had some good wins over Norton, Shavers, Berbick, Cooney, and others in the Top 10 at HW.

But Floyd's run of 5 weight classes while staying unbeaten against Genaro, Corrales, Chavez, Castillo, Judah, Oscar, Hatton, Marquez, Mosley, Ortiz, and Cotto, I just think the better opposition goes to Floyd.
              The versions of Mosley and Oscar that Floyd beat were on par with Norton and Shavers. Not better.

Holmes run as a heavyweight must be taken into account .Like I said,'one punch ends all applies to every class'. but it especially applies to the heavyweight.

Comment

I'd say Holmes because he fought everyone that was considered a threat for YEARS, and did it consistently.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
                  I'd say Holmes because he fought everyone that was considered a threat for YEARS, and did it consistently.
                  I agree. Holmes is higher ranked than Floyd.

Comment

Floyds easily..

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Haynes View Post
                      Holmes and it ain't even close. Sheeid Holmes got robbed against Spinks twice WITH a bad hand. And he NEVER cherry picked
                      Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
                      I'd sayHolmes because he fought everyone that was considered a threat for YEARS, and did it consistently.
                      Anybody that's deeply familiar with the Holmes era has to be facepalming at these posts. Holmes can probably be considered the GODFATHER & architect of modern day cherrypicking. Although he's never passed up on a fight with the Heavyweight equivalent of a Manny Pacquiao, there were several times during his reign where he chose to take on lesser fighters over more qualified, more experienced & higher ranked fighters in his division.

Floyd is easily a greater more accomplished boxer than Holmes and it's not really all that close. And that's meant as no knock against Holmes seeing as though he's one of my top 10 personal favorite boxers of all time.

Comment

Working...
                      X