Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tarver: I Beat Kayode in Every Facet of The Game!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buffalo View Post
    started slow yes but won rounds 5-12 with the exception of 11.

I had it 7-5 for tarver but no real problem with the draw.

Problem I had was kayode acting the way he did afterwards. The man ran from a 43 year old all night. F'ed tarver up? when. I saw at least 3 times kayode was hurt. Not once did I see the champ hurt.

Whether the feet are tangled or not, if a punch is landed is it not a knockdown? Kayode came forward and tarver's short left land. Should have been a kd. Replayed it 10 times.

Everytime they praised kayode for great body shots the replay would show nothing but lowblows and blocks.
    agreed 100% the first thing i said was "that was a knock down" a punch landed and he went down. and tarver did in fact block a lot of those punches.

Comment

This is why I prefer Tarver as a commentator. He's objective about boxing outside the ring. Inside the ring, he's arrogant. He gave away the first 5 rounds coz he barely threw any punches. And when Kayode threw punches, Tarver backed away. That's not effective aggression.

Tarver didn't even finish strong. I mean Kayode didn't exactly take the belt away from the champion. But, I think Tarver is lucky that he got a draw.

Comment

Originally posted by mrjoeblive View Post
        LOL so true the dude was acting out something awful. he should have taken the fight to the older tarver. insted of leaving the judges to make the decision for him. no room to complain IMO.
        He was gone in the later rounds. He was backing up because he was so tired and then threw his little flurry that either missed, blocked or was on the beltline

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
          He was gone in the later rounds. He was backing up because he was so tired and then threw his little flurry that either missed, blocked or was on the beltline
          Your avatar pic doesn't exactly support your beltline argument lol

Comment

Tarver won by a round

Comment

114-114 even

Comment

Tarver needs to quit, no way he beats a Klitschko, will bet the farm on Klitschko if they fight.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmike2012 View Post
                  Tarver needs to quit, no way he beats a Klitschko, will bet the farm on Klitschko if they fight.
                  maybe not against wlad

but he has a good chance against vitali

Comment

Originally posted by boxingking500 View Post
                    maybe not against wlad

but he has a good chance against vitali
                    That's just too much! haha

Comment

Originally posted by slick23 View Post
                      That's just too much! haha
                      . I like Tarver's strategy against the younger fighter. He paced himself while figuring out the game plan of the jovial and inexperienced Kayode. After the 5th round, it was all Tarver. And even one or two of the earlier rounds the kid did a lot of swinging but missing. Although he was active, it was in reality superficial productiveness. Tarver had the much cleaner shots and was aggressive even early on (though he should have thrown more). Tarver 115-114, because there should have been a knock down 10-8 round. Marco Huck will beat the breaks off of Kayode. Either Klitscho over Tarver.

Comment

Working...
                      X