No announcement yet.

How would Shaq O'neil fare as a boxer in the 60's

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would Shaq O'neil fare as a boxer in the 60's

I don't know I look at guys like Terrell and think a more athletic much bigger Shaq would fare better even more than past prime Liston.How would guys like cooper and folley handle shaq if he was properly trained?Would he be alis best opponent in that era?

He'd make for a terrible boxer. He was very immature at times, wouldn't listen to his coaches and training staff. At times, he was overweight too.

He also made some very dumb decisions while playing the shotcaller for his team. That's why he always had to play with someone to make the calls for him. He wasn't a leader.

Comment

Originally posted by Obayifo View Post
      He'd make for a terrible boxer. He was very immature at times, wouldn't listen to his coaches and training staff. At times, he was overweight too.

He also made some very dumb decisions while playing the shotcaller for his team. That's why he always had to play with someone to make the calls for him. He wasn't a leader.
      Boxings not a team sport,its only really a tag team...the boxer and head trainer...he would have no choice but to listen.

Comment

He would suck as bad as his movie Shazam in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
          He would suck as bad as his movie Shazam in boxing.
          Maybe but again you are not reading...the 60's era...Terrell was nothing really special a natural 200 pounder or so with lunging movements,so why not Shaq?Terrell went 15 rounds with ali.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
              LOL, that overhand right literally fell from the heavens.

Comment

I remembered Freddie roach saying Shaq would beat klitscho if he was training him.

Comment

Originally posted by chargerhemi06 View Post
                  I remembered Freddie roach saying Shaq would beat klitscho if he was training him.
                  Wouldn't surprise me ,shaq is extremely strong trust me I know on a personal level.....but don't see him winning that one.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X