Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

micheal second 2 nunn beats roy jones bernard hopkins and anyone else in his prime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nunn was good,,,

I remember him being jones' #1 contender, and then jones vacating and going up in weight,,, I always thought that was kinda a dodge,, because jones-nunn would have been a big fight in the 90's and jones went up to fight 40+ year old mccallum in a not so big fight,,,,

Nunn had good skills,, could beat alot of guys,, he just never realized his potential,,, I still think he was really great,, him and vernon forrest for whatever reason, never truely lived up to the talents they were given,,,

I think hopkins would ko' him,, jones would have alot of trouble vs nunn,,, I think jones would catch nunn, but it wouldnt be easy,, nunn's jab and range would cause roy alot of problems,,

Comment

I think Forrest Lived up to his potential but after beating the Man "Mosley", Forrest was KO'd by a guy he didn't quite know about "Mayorga", but by Forrest beating Mosley and I thought he won the 2nd Mayorga fight and should have got his belt back. But Vernon won the belt at jr.Middle too so that's not a bad career at all.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
        No one beats a Prime Roy Jones. NO ONE! I actually just watched Nunn-Barkley last week. A shame a fighter that skilled won't be remembered.
        Steve Collins,Joe Calzaghe,Nigel Benn,Chris Eubank beats a Prime Roy Jones Jr. IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Trenchant View Post
          I think Forrest Lived up to his potential but after beating the Man "Mosley", Forrest was KO'd by a guy he didn't quite know about "Mayorga", but by Forrest beating Mosley and I thought he won the 2nd Mayorga fight and should have got his belt back. But Vernon won the belt at jr.Middle too so that's not a bad career at all.
          True, he had a great career but just not compared to other great boxers,,, Shane had a better career, so did oscar,,, Vernon made it to the mountain top but he couldnt stay up there if that makes sense,,,

and at 154 he lost to mora, but honestly could have gone either way, and i also think he lost to ike,,,

forrest' top years 2002-2006 were plagued by injuries,,, maybe his career would have been different if healthy,,,

grant it he still had a very good career just like nunn,,, But i think they never reached their ceiling for whatever reason

Comment

Somebody deleted all of my rep power what ever that means. I was just sticking up for a prize fighter that was picked on and who was murdered and had nothing to do with this thread, Forrest was a good fighter and beat the champ when people thought Mosely was nearly unstoppable. Thank's alot man. Real classy.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthPawHitman View Post
              Steve Collins,Joe Calzaghe,Nigel Benn,Chris Eubank beats a Prime Roy Jones Jr. IMO.
              you gotta be shytting me! no, just no

Comment

Working...
              X