Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just rewatched the fight, and okay, okay, I may have been overly excited for the effort that Cotto was giving during the first watch live, but yeah, Mayweather won...

BUT

It was still very close!! Everybody here seems to be making it out to be a landslide for Mayweather, NO WAY! Mayweather was outboxed in round 6, Yes, OUTBOXED, rewatch it, and Cotto won 4 rounds in a row from round 6 to 9, but that's just my opinion.

my first score was 114-114

New Score: 115-113 Mayweather.

The eleventh round was very hard to score. Mayweather almost finished Cotto off in the 12 and it was an emphatic round for Money May.

Round 1: May
    Round 2: May
    Rpimd 3: Cotto
    Round 4: May
    Round 5: May
    Round 6: Cotto (Emphatically)
    Round 7: Cotto (But was very close)
    Round 8: Cotto
    Round 9: Cotto
    Round 10: May
    Round 11: May (But very, very close)
    Round 12: May (Emphatically, almost earned a KO)
    Last edited by EdWins; 05-13-2012, 02:05 AM.

Comment

• 8 rounds to 4, same way I scored it fight night. Cotto did some little things on the inside but Mayweather beat him decisively IMO. It was very competitive however, he was not outclassed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
        I'm not puerto rican and I had Cotto winning the fight easily.

Remember close rounds go to the champ aka Cotto.

And to those saying it was a draw, that really means Cotto won since in order to BE the champ, you have to BEAT the champ
        You tell him Skip Bayless! I always knew you had Marquez winning that first fight with Pacquiao! Like you said, to be the champ you gotta beat the champ.

Comment

• How could people give Cotto rd 9? He took that rd off. Shows how dumb most posters here are.

Comment

• Originally posted by ManBearG-Dog View Post
            How could people give Cotto rd 9? He took that rd off. Shows how dumb most posters here are.
            Mayweather didn't do much either, Cotto imo did enough to clinch the round, but like many others it was close.

Comment

• What am I missing ? Where is that ATG defense ?

GETTING Rocked by Shane ?
              GETTING tagged by Ortiz
              GETTING Bloddied by Cotto ?

THE OffENSE ?

Fight was awfully close.

Comment

• Originally posted by EdWins View Post
                Mayweather didn't do much either, Cotto imo did enough to clinch the round, but like many others it was close.
                What!? You gotta be kidding me. Most of the Cotto's body shots were blocked and he landed one clean left hook the whole round. I give you the jab, he landed quite of few of them, but Floyd was landing clean shots for most of the round.

That round was not close.

Comment

• Originally posted by boricua2311 View Post
                  I rewatch Mayweather vs Cotto and I'm still see a draw. I don't care what people said. Maybe I'm puertorican but I have a lot of knowledge of boxing and the could go either way or a draw period.
                  I am not puerto rican, I watched this fight 3 times, and every single time I had Cotto winning by 1 or 2 points.

Comment

• Originally posted by raskat View Post
                    I am not puerto rican, I watched this fight 3 times, and every single time I had Cotto winning by 1 or 2 points.
                    I'd love to see your scorecard

Comment

• Originally posted by Very Rich Man View Post
                      What!? You gotta be kidding me. Most of the Cotto's body shots were blocked and he landed one clean left hook the whole round. I give you the jab, he landed quite of few of them, but Floyd was landing clean shots for most of the round.

That round was not close.
                      In my opinion it was my friend

Originally posted by raskat View Post
                      Two each is own, opinions: the last bastion of American freedom (As long as they are kept on the internet)

Comment

Working...
                      X