Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And STILL...the biggest robbery in modern boxing history..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ishy Aytan View Post
    This is a great documentary.

This fight had a hole in Roy's life ever since. Guys wont understand but when a fighter gets robbed of any medal at the olympics, let alone the gold, its the most disturbing things boxers go through.

Getting robbed of a world title ent so bad because after a couple of fights you can get another title shot. It ent like that with the olympics, you gotta wait another 4 years!

Its like as an amateur, your waiting for the olympics. Thats your sole aim. I know because ive been in this position. You live and breath the olympics for around 4 years of your life, then something like this happens.

It was after the Roy Jones fight that points scoring got introduced in amateur boxing. Thats how bad the robbery was.
    Roy Jones is still upset about it this day. I've seen interviews where he will still go off about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Abraham Simpson View Post
      Without a doubt.. The judges in that fight later confessed to recieving a bribe... It was all fixed.
      That's the worst part of it, it came out of the judges themselves that it was a robbery..that has never happend before(judges confessing a robbery), from what I know...

Comment

Originally posted by bsrizpac View Post
        Roy Jones is still upset about it this day. I've seen interviews where he will still go off about it.

Like i said, people wont understand but its a big big big deal.

You basically train as an amateur to prepare for the olympics. I mean, after like 2-3 years in the sport as an amateur your intentions turn to the international stage.

I gurantee Roy had dreamt of winning the Gold ever since he was a kid. This is why its so painful for guys when they lose or get robbed in the olympics. The same happened with Floyd and the same with Calzaghe. He said he wasnt picked for the GB team because he was Welsh. Even he still rants on about it.

Comment

Hmmm I thought Castillo vs Mayweather 1 was worse

Comment

Originally posted by king09 View Post
            Stop copying and pasting **** to make it look like you know about boxing...You don't know boxing...We all know the reason you come here is to flame, you cum dumpster you..
            I have taught you two things today you lamer. I taught you about the founders of Microsoft and I just taught you something about Roy Jones Jr. Why are you hating me because I am your teacher son? You hate getting schooled but I will not stop schooling your punk ass just because you wish to remain working for McDonalds the rest of your rat ass life.
            :soapboxx:

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
              Hmmm I thought Castillo vs Mayweather 1 was worse
              That's because you are either a complete moron or just trolling and trying to be funny. In either case you fail.

Comment

Originally posted by bsrizpac View Post
                That's because you are either a complete moron or just trolling and trying to be funny. In either case you fail.
                Castillo shoulve never agreed to the rematch in North America or anywhere except Mexico

Comment

A friend of mine Raymond Downey got robbed by the same guy and had to settle for the bronze in the same Olympics.

Comment

Castillo shoulve never agreed to the rematch in North America or anywhere except Mexico
                    I'd define what a "robbery" is but that would just bounce off your inbred skull.

But then, much like asking you for an actual scorecard with actual scoring details, the whole thing doesn't matter: no one with a brain takes you seriously.

Comment

They could have held the rematch on phuking mars, that would not have helped Castillo in the second fight.

I would have respected this fight more had they gave the fight to Castillo in the first fight and then Floyd rematch him and win it. I am not making excuses for Floyd in their first match but we all know that Floyd had an injured wing and he proved it by whooping Castillo all night long in their second fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X