Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everyone Wants to Talk About Floyd's IV - What About Pac-Monster's Toradol Abuse???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shape up View Post
    So floyd cut 2lb in 2 weeks but deemed himself so dehydrated he required an IV, why wasn't floyd made to explain what vitamins, did he have a habit of taking his vitamins intravenously, on the same question it asks if he had any "CONDITIONS" why didn't he report then he was dehydrated
    Answer this please

Comment

• Originally posted by Dosumpthin View Post
      Deflection because I asked a question about the thread topic? Do you know what Deflection means?

And yes Floyd asked the reporter to repeat the question because he didn't understand. Didn't you watch the video? You're the one that post it 100 Times. Lol.
      Deflection means that you didn't respond ......

But what you just stated was what I was going to bring up next.

So the reporter repeats 3 times yet you say that Floyd still was lost and didn't know what the reporter was talking about? Funny Floyd fans!

EDIT: Floyd knew the first time what the reporter said but was buying time so he can think of how to lie

urine, <1 tablespoon of blood 10 days before, little bit of exercising the last few days. LIE, LIE, LIE!!!

Last edited by ADP02; 10-13-2016, 08:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
        Deflection means that you didn't respond ......

But what you just stated was what I was going to bring up next.

So the reporter repeats 3 times yet you say that Floyd still was lost and didn't know what the reporter was talking about? Funny Floyd fans!

EDIT: Floyd knew the first time what the reporter said but was buying time so he can think of how to lie

urine, <1 tablespoon of blood 10 days before, little bit of exercising the last few days. LIE, LIE, LIE!!!

Yes deflection as in you haven't responded to the questions related to mannys TORADOL abuse.

I was simply pointing out what you conveniently disregard......

"Why the iv of saline?"

Floyd answered the question to adress concerns of the substance he used (saline) by responding "some fighters use Pedialyte.

But you are taking his answer as a response to "why did you use a banned method"
        As you have routinely posted 100's.

Rather than admitting you are wrong and a response of Pedialyte doesn't make any sense - you just keep spamming New threads with the same old bull****.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shape up View Post
          So floyd cut 2lb in 2 weeks but deemed himself so dehydrated he required an IV, why wasn't floyd made to explain what vitamins, did he have a habit of taking his vitamins intravenously, on the same question it asks if he had any "CONDITIONS" why didn't he report then he was dehydrated
          Answer this please

Comment

• Here's a USADA statement on why they banned IV use:

"To protect clean sport and athlete health and safety. It is a fact that IVs can be used to change blood test results (such as hematocrit where EPO or blood doping is being used), mask urine test results (by dilution) or by administering prohibited substances in a way that will more quickly be cleared from the body in order to beat an anti-doping test."

http://www.mmamania.com/2016/5/24/11...an-bj-penn-mma

I didn't know this before and would have actually argued FOR intravenous use - only because fighters deplete themselves so much and don't even realize how far they are from optimal performance, especially those that drop a lot of weight in short periods. If the commission's could rationalize it and find a way to administer IV's to fighters after weghins, it would help replenish lost fluids/vitamins/electrolytes. It's a good way to ensure a combatant's health. Manny should've had an IV too, but his Team has always been a step behind (the instant potassium would also help his cramps). IV's are straight to the veins, imagine being well hydrated without the bloated feeling. But again, it's a double-edged sword because it gets abused and misused and now it's banned.

Comment

Like I said, I already answered this.

1) I would presume that it would be done locally (injected) to the injured area.

2) I quoted already what a doctor said about the injury. It would do little for Manny's strength, only for pain.

3) Taking into consideration what I said above, why would Manny want to limit himself by numbing his shoulder, hence more than likely not being as effective throwing with his right? Are you saying it was because Manny was concerned that Mike Tyson, ooops, I mean, Manny was concerned about Floyd throwing those "touch" jabs?

WRONG. You didn't answer. You only showed that you are not familiar with the drug he was attempting to take. It numbs your entire body and, according to football players, allows you to run through a brick wall and not feel anything.

So once again, if Manny was at normal strength and HE HIMSELF SAID HE HAD NO PAIN BEFORE THE FIGHT, wouldn't Toradol put him in an abnormal state?

Still waiting. You can do it! Answer the question.

Comment

• Originally posted by SCEN3RY View Post
                Here's a USADA statement on why they banned IV use:

"To protect clean sport and athlete health and safety. It is a fact that IVs can be used to change blood test results (such as hematocrit where EPO or blood doping is being used), mask urine test results (by dilution) or by administering prohibited substances in a way that will more quickly be cleared from the body in order to beat an anti-doping test."

http://www.mmamania.com/2016/5/24/11...an-bj-penn-mma

I didn't know this before and would have actually argued FOR intravenous use - only because fighters deplete themselves so much and don't even realize how far they are from optimal performance, especially those that drop a lot of weight in short periods. If the commission's could rationalize it and find a way to administer IV's to fighters after weghins, it would help replenish lost fluids/vitamins/electrolytes. It's a good way to ensure a combatant's health. Manny should've had an IV too, but his Team has always been a step behind (the instant potassium would also help his cramps). IV's are straight to the veins, imagine being well hydrated without the bloated feeling. But again, it's a double-edged sword because it gets abused and misused and now it's banned.

Prior to USADA, a WADA signatory, began testing combat athletes, IV use was the norm and completely legal under the Nevada state athletic commission.

WADA banned IV use because it has the potential to be used in way not intended. Agreed. Especially for those athletes who maybe only take one or two test a year and haven't developed a well documented biological passport. Using an iv can mask or distort results making WADAs and ADOs job more difficult - especially if they are unaware that an iv was administered in the first place.

In Floyd's case, USADA was present during the iv and collected a partial sample before and collected a full sample, that would've had to pass a Specific Gravity test to ensure the urine sample was not dilluted, after the iv was adminstered. Along with a vast history of biological passport to reference - USADA covered every protocol to ensure the IV was being used for intended purpose. Rehydration.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dosumpthin View Post
                  Yes deflection as in you haven't responded to the questions related to mannys TORADOL abuse.

I was simply pointing out what you conveniently disregard......

"Why the iv of saline?"

Floyd answered the question to adress concerns of the substance he used (saline) by responding "some fighters use Pedialyte.

But you are taking his answer as a response to "why did you use a banned method"
                  As you have routinely posted 100's.

Rather than admitting you are wrong and a response of Pedialyte doesn't make any sense - you just keep spamming New threads with the same old bull****.
                  Reporter: What you took after the weigh in where you had the TUE from USADA where they inject the fluid that you took. I was surprised that YOU had to take it?
                  Floyd: Say it again?
                  Reporter: Whatever it was that you took after the weigh in that USADA, the saline solution and whatever else it was.
                  Floyd: Take like what?
                  Reporter: I know that USADA they gave you a TUE
                  Floyd/Ellerbe: "Some athletes take Pedialyte (Floyd used an IV), Ellerbe can touch on that subject. "
                  Ellerbe: "IV was just for rehydration, just rehydration."

So when "just" dehydrated like Floyd, other athletes take Pedialyte while Floyd uses an IV

Comment

Reporter: What you took after the weigh in where you had the TUE from USADA where they inject the fluid that you took. I was surprised that YOU had to take it?
                    Floyd: Say it again?
                    Reporter: Whatever it was that you took after the weigh in that USADA, the saline solution and whatever else it was.
                    Floyd: Take like what?
                    Reporter: I know that USADA they gave you a TUE
                    Floyd/Ellerbe: "Some athletes take Pedialyte (Floyd used an IV), Ellerbe can touch on that subject. "
                    Ellerbe: "IV was just for rehydration, just rehydration."

So when "just" dehydrated like Floyd, other athletes take Pedialyte while Floyd uses an IV

Doesn't this prove my point. Previously in this thread much like the other threads, you intentionally take Floyd's response out of context and omit key words.

1. Floyd didn't understand the question and asked for clarification.

2. Floyd was responding in the context of using SALINE SOLUTION vs Pedialyte.

3. Floyd says "Leonard can touch on this subject" .....the very next question about USADA contract with UFC.....Floyd laughed and bragged about being the first one and quickly says "Leonard please touch on this subject".

Yet you keep trying to twist the responses by omitting portions of what was said.

I told you before, you are taking bits and pieces of a snippet of an interview and trying to force it to fit your own agenda.

Comment

What? I already answered that.

"“Manny was having shoulder pain during his training period. This was several weeks before the fight…it was essentially an aggravation of an old injury. This is pretty standard for fighters, and there is no such thing as pristine tissue in high level athletes."

If you just had an injury, you would want to make sure that if it flares up or it affects you going in, you are covered. Go ask Floyd and his XYLOCAINE.

Larry Merchant: You used XYLOCAINE on one hand or both?

Floyd: BOTH.

Manny didn't check any boxes on the checklist for injuries or conditions. Why? Was he trying to hide the fact that he took Toradol to numb the devastating shots from Floyd?

Comment

Working...
                      X