No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Nick Blackwell Shows Progress, Could Be Awake In Days

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Nick Blackwell Shows Progress, Could Be Awake In Days

Nick Blackwell (19-4-1, 8 KOs) is due to be brought out of his coma in the next few days according to a report on the BBC.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Praise God..ref should have stopped that fight a lot sooner

Comment

Originally posted by larrys.o.g View Post
      Praise God..ref should have stopped that fight a lot sooner
      I'm getting fed up with people blaming the referee and the corner.

Comment

Awesome news

Comment

Originally posted by Funky_Monk View Post
          Me too. FFS, with that logic we might as well stop all fights when a fighter gets hit a few times. They might get hurt, ya know(!) This is boxing – the hurt game, where you punch your opponent in the head. Blackwell kept coming forward and punching, and he wasn't stumbling around on queer street.

Look at Lebedev–Toney for a ridiculously officiated fight that should've been stopped. Magomed should've also been pulled out by either his corner or the ref, as he was obviously out of it.

Comment

Vital signs being stable is not really that big of a deal.

Comment

The ref stopped at the right time. Only person who could have stopped it earlier is psychics who can see into future or gypsys who look into crystal ball or read tarot cards. Blackwell is tough and always looked like he would come back with punches.
              Hope Nick makes full recovery

Comment

hopefully he makes a full recovery

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                  Nick Blackwell (19-4-1, 8 KOs) is due to be brought out of his coma in the next few days according to a report on the BBC.
                  [Click Here To Read More]
                  Great news !

Best wishes to Nick Blackwell, wishing him a full recovery.

He's not out of the woods yet, but real happy this didn't turn into one of "those" boxing stories, we got enough of those stories.

Hopefully he fully recovers and can still coach or be a PT.

Comment

I'm with you on that

Blackwell was still in the fight and throwing back

There were no signs of Him being in any discomfort or serious danger until the eye swelled up and it was stopped straight away ?

Gary Lockett is a **** hot trainer , training a fighter that fights hard for 12 rounds

hope nick pulls through ok . I know when my buddy was in a induced coma they lowered his sedation to check if he could breath on his own . Worrying he hasn't been woken up yet . fingers crossed anyway he fought like a true warrior

Comment

Working...
                    X