No announcement yet.

Preventing knockout with neck exersise

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preventing knockout with neck exersise

Is this true will doing neck exersise help prevent nock out if so wich are best to do thanks for replys

neck bridges are a good way to build up your neck strength.

Comment

Yes.... The best way to prevent being knocked out is good head movement, leading and starting offends with jabs and feints, plus being defensive responsible such as moving your head after punches ect

Comment

It won't prevent it but it will reduce the chances of it happening because your head will be able to take bigger impacts without snapping back as much

Comment

WHen I first started training in the city I got buzzed pretty good a few times, probably could of got Koed if my sparring partner wasnt responsible.

My trainer had me do neck exercises after that. Never got buzzed like that again.

So yeah, I'm a believer.

Comment

it stabilizes your head so your brain doesn't go rattling around your skull.

but i also believe a degree of agility in the neck also matters. cause like, you can have a stiff ass neck but if that **** can't turn properly when getting hit. Your brain will still rattle pretty bad.

bunch of science shat that I can't really get into but yeah. neck exercises help.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
              it stabilizes your head so your brain doesn't go rattling around your skull.

but i also believe a degree of agility in the neck also matters. cause like, you can have a stiff ass neck but if that **** can't turn properly when getting hit. Your brain will still rattle pretty bad.

bunch of science shat that I can't really get into but yeah. neck exercises help.
              Good point, that is why fighters also do all kinds of neck stretching exercises on top of the resistance training. That is the best way to strengthen and hypertrophy all the muscles and ligaments in the neck.

It's also great for every day life. I used to get a sore neck all the time just from a sudden wrong movement or sleeping in a poor position. Never anymore.

Comment

I like to use a head harness. I run the chain through various plate weights and perform up/down and side to side movements. It builds up the traps which connect to the neck, as well as the flexor and extensor muscles of the neck.

Comment

its very effective. for absorbing punches as people have said but also for other reasons.

if your head snaps back less when you get hit it will be less exposed and you will be more capable of maintaining eye contact. as a result you are less likely to get hit with the next punch of the combination and more likely to land a counter of your own. its harder for the judges to see when you get hit as well and in amateur boxing this can make a very big difference.

i do shrugs and some exercise that im not sure what its called. i just lay on my back, lift my head straight up and down for 1min, side to side for 1min (eyes still facing up, ears touching shoulders), then turning my whole head side to side for 1min (chin touching shoulders). then i rest for 30 second and after that i hold still for 75sec holding my head as close to the ground as possible without touching and looking straight up.

you can do this exercise anywhere and it is very effective, combined with shrugs it will give you a very good neck. im planning on buying a neck harness too so i can variate myself a bit and hopefully take it to another level.

Comment

Although a strong/thick neck won't completely stop a knock out punch, it will absorb some of the blow, it prevents your neck from snapping back and leaving you out in the open too long. This is also important when it comes to amateur stoppages and professional fights, as the judges will start to score in favour of your opponent if they see you looking like a bobble head.

The best and most old school way of developing a thick neck is going for neck bridges, start by holding a neck bridge for 30 seconds for at least 4 sets a day. Then start moving up to reps and so forth.

Comment

Working...
                    X