Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is mma more brutal and damaging to the body than boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is mma more brutal and damaging to the body than boxing?

I was with a group of friends last week fliping channels back and forth between mma and boxing. I have actual hands on expierience in both but several of my friends do not. The ones that didn't were suprised of the violent nature of mma and felt it was way more damaging to the body than boxing. What do you think?
    Last edited by alexdcolon; 10-12-2008, 06:09 PM.

hell ya, most of those MMA guys when they turn 50-60 years old will have arthritis and some kinda hip or joint problem for the rest of their life. in MMA they twist your limbs, chock you, slam you, kick you its way brutal then boxing.

in boxing they mostly get hand problems and brain damage...but if your very slick you can avoid getting brain damage.

hit and dont get hit.

Comment

Boxers are more likely to die than MMA fighters because of the repeated blows to the head over the period of the fight.

When you look at the tragic fights when boxers die, it's almost always a long fight when the guy took repeated blows to the head.

You're not likely to see that in MMA.

Comment

Ive heard its more brutal to the bumhole

Comment

Originally posted by Domain View Post
          hell ya, most of those MMA guys when they turn 50-60 years old will have arthritis and some kinda hip or joint problem for the rest of their life. in MMA they twist your limbs, chock you, slam you, kick you its way brutal then boxing.

in boxing they mostly get hand problems and brain damage...but if your very slick you can avoid getting brain damage.

hit and dont get hit.
          just ****ing go to sherdog already. you dont even use common sense.

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
            just ****ing go to sherdog already. you dont even use common sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Domain View Post
              ****in whiteboy.

Comment

MMA might look brutal but boxing is more dangerous.

I do think that some MMA fighters that have taken a ton of punishment such as Kazushi Sakuraba will have all kinds of health problems in the future.

Last edited by TheGreatA; 10-12-2008, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
                  ****in whiteboy.
                  lol

MMA more brutal to the eye
                  but boxing a lot more dangerous....

Comment

MMA is more brutal, but boxing seems more hazardous to your health.

Comment

Working...
                    X