No announcement yet.

Just starting - Diet Needed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just starting - Diet Needed

Hey everyone. I just started boxing 2 months ago (beginning of June) to try and get in shape and lose some weight. I'm 5'3. I started out weighing about 155. The gym I go to is in Brooklyn, NY. I go 2 days a week. First month started out doing weights on Tuesdays and cardio on Thursday and has since changed up a bit to a mix of weights/sparring on week and cardio sparring the second week.
    Workouts are as follows

Weights Workout:
    10x reps squats
    10x bench press
    10x lifts (Bar with two 35lb weights on a bench press lower bar. stand over bench and lift it up to lower chest, down, and back up)
    10x curls (machine)
    10x french curls (machine)

This exercise is done 5-6x.

Cardio workout:
    30 sec jumping squats
    30 sec leg lifts
    30 sec kettle bell thrown up, brought down, then thrown back up
    30 sec medicine ball thrown on tire
    30 sec moving those long ropes up and down

This exercise is done 5-6x

They've mixed it up a bit with jumping over the bench for 30 seconds and doing push on/between benches for 30 seconds for cardio days

After these exercises (again different days) we wrap our hands, hit the bags doing different drills, then practice footwork and combinations.

I started out weighing 155. After 2 months I expected progress in the weightloss department. I now weigh 160. I know this is probably due to muscle mass increase as I definitely am more toned but honestly, my diet hasn't been great. Any tips on what to eat to lose weight but still keep up with workouts?

I also play soccer on the weekends and I think next month I'm moving boxing up to 3-4 times a week.

Thanks in advance for any advice

Get healthy food, rich in proteins, carbs and fibres.

Comment

http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/

Comment

Working...
      X