No announcement yet.

Any information on "The Nonperial" Jack Dempsey

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nonperial View Post
    Yeah that's a good idea. I didn't think of that. Yeah that would be good practice. I'll give it a shot. So what really happened to Les Darcy what did he die of?
    Septicaemia is the official verdict, he had two teeth knocked out when he Knocked out Heavyweight Harold Hardwick (moments after he lost his teeth he sent the big man into Disneyland) for the Australian HW Title...... He had a dentist put the teeth back in,... the dentist killed him, but his incredible amount of 20 round fights may have had their toll. He was winning fights in a canter in 20 rounders from at least as young as early in his seventeenth year. He fought more fights and soooo many more rounds than most modern fighters before his 21st birthday........ Darcy's last fight was as a 20 year old,.... a genius of a fighter with the whole caboodle.

Comment

Originally posted by McGoorty View Post
      Septicaemia is the official verdict, he had two teeth knocked out when he Knocked out Heavyweight Harold Hardwick (moments after he lost his teeth he sent the big man into Disneyland) for the Australian HW Title...... He had a dentist put the teeth back in,... the dentist killed him, but his incredible amount of 20 round fights may have had their toll. He was winning fights in a canter in 20 rounders from at least as young as early in his seventeenth year. He fought more fights and soooo many more rounds than most modern fighters before his 21st birthday........ Darcy's last fight was as a 20 year old,.... a genius of a fighter with the whole caboodle.

Wow I didn't know that...The Dentist sure didn't know the hell they were doing. Darcy barely out of his teens and already had a great record to his credit. That's pretty Impressive. I read that Dempsey#1 had a very tragic ending as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Nonperial View Post
        Wow I didn't know that...The Dentist sure didn't know the hell they were doing. Darcy barely out of his teens and already had a great record to his credit. That's pretty Impressive. I read that Dempsey#1 had a very tragic ending as well.
        most boxers end up in tragedy.... That record and the testimony of those who saw him fight,,,, Jack Kearns said that Darcy was the greatest middleweight to ever live,.... he still held that view as late as the 60's... Tunney said the same thing and so did Dempsey II,,, and most Aussies have held that view.... when you see how many great and very good fighters he beat and that 46 W's and 29 KO's and TKO's is virtually amazing.

Comment

Working...
        X