No announcement yet.

VIDEO: Lucas Matthysse on the mitts for Danny Garcia [Exclusive footage]

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VIDEO: Lucas Matthysse on the mitts for Danny Garcia [Exclusive footage]

I got exclusive footage that will be coming from Matthysse's camp down in Argentina...

Absolute text book left hook

Comment

Why do people keep posting this video? Its like the simplest mitt work ever

Comment

exclusive footage that has been posted about 150 times this week along with his first amateur fight.

Comment

Originally posted by FXDaKid View Post
          I got exclusive footage that will be coming from Matthysse's camp down in Argentina...

Thanks! Hadn't seen this yet.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
            exclusive footage that has been posted about 150 times this week along with his first amateur fight.
            He said "will be coming". He wasn't talking about this video.

Comment

I love the way this guy pronates his punches and flares his elbows and turns shoulders and hips!!! Thats how he adds power to his already natural power! One thing I don't like is how he just stands there after he punches!!! He does it when he fights too! I understand that alot of people aren't standing in front of him for long but he's getting ready to move up!! He better learn to finish correctly or he will learn the hard way!!!
              Finishing is a huge part of using mitts correctly, the video is more instructional and thats odd considering this kid is a top tier fighter!
              His mitt work should be smooth with a great pace and tempo with finishing moves too!
              Like Broner we'll see what happens when he gets smashed in the mouth and gets into a pressure situations! I like him but he hasn't proven anything either!
              Ray

Comment

Lucas throws a pretty quick uppercut too.

Compare Lucas' hooks to Garcia's. The difference in technique is quite noticeable.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso
                  I love the way this guy pronates his punches and flares his elbows and turns shoulders and hips!!! Thats how he adds power to his already natural power! One thing I don't like is how he just stands there after he punches!!! He does it when he fights too! I understand that alot of people aren't standing in front of him for long but he's getting ready to move up!! He better learn to finish correctly or he will learn the hard way!!!
                  Finishing is a huge part of using mitts correctly, the video is more instructional and thats odd considering this kid is a top tier fighter!
                  His mitt work should be smooth with a great pace and tempo with finishing moves too!
                  Like Broner we'll see what happens when he gets smashed in the mouth and gets into a pressure situations! I like him but he hasn't proven anything either!

Ray
                  ^

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

It is obvious to me that Mattysse has been working on his left hook. it is much better and a lot more compact than Garcia's.

Comment

Working...
                    X