Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alex Ariza "Manny Pacquiao Did No Strength & Conditioning Training." (AUDIO)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NO Strength and Conditioning?

Hey Alex, If Pacquiao did no strength and conditioning, what was your purpose in his camp? One thing should be clear by now. Marquez and his people know that no matter what happens when fighting Pacquiao, Manny eventually becomes careless. When he was showing Marquez head movement and using boxing, he was troubling him. As soon as Pacquiao got careless, Marquez timed him and that was the end of fight.

Comment

Doesn't matter... his KO loss had nothing to do with it.

If anythign Pac actually looked great. He made a wrong move, and got clipped.

No amount of strength and conditioning would of made him NOT get knocked out from that punch.

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
        Doesn't matter... his KO loss had nothing to do with it.

If anythign Pac actually looked great. He made a wrong move, and got clipped.

No amount of strength and conditioning would of made him NOT get knocked out from that punch.

you thought he looked great?

he turned it on a few times, and still had the speed, but he got hurt and badly rocked when marquez landed the first punch that dropped him. that was a shot he used to eat up in his prime.

i don't think he looked great at all. i think manny has been slowing down for a while now.

Comment

Manny needed that dreaded extra chin muscle and maybe he could have weathered that shot.

On the real though, he looked in pretty good condition plus he seemed to be throwing just fine in terms of amount of punches thrown and their quality, he got out of position which isn't new and he got made to really pay the price which is new but that is more of a boxing related issue than S&C related issue. A knockout could be caused by a lack of proper conditioning but that certainly isn't what went down in that fright as Manny was still in fine form when he got caught.

Also his neck looked pretty good, that is really the only thing you can do to strengthen punch resistance, maybe looks were deceiving but how much time were they really going to devote to neck exercises~ was his ability to take a punch the main goal of the camp because that is what it would have taken to really improve that but all I remember them talking about was getting Manny more aggressive which is exactly what they got.
          Last edited by The Gambler1981; 12-20-2012, 02:59 PM.

Comment

So Asian Hatton basically forgot to Roid up and paid the price with a nice long nap. Seems like people need to stop making up excuses for Plankiao and realize that it was his own damn fault he got cracked like a pistachio.
            Last edited by jab2theballs; 12-20-2012, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              you thought he looked great?

he turned it on a few times, and still had the speed, but he got hurt and badly rocked when marquez landed the first punch that dropped him. that was a shot he used to eat up in his prime.

i don't think he looked great at all. i think manny has been slowing down for a while now.
              When do you consider pac's prime???

And although I also thought that was the best pac performance since the cotto fight and that marquez's ko was well deserved....to say that strength and conditioning has no positive effect on punch resistance is to be a fool.

Between lightweight and his welerweight domination we saw pac follow an unprecedented leg and core conditioning program which gave him the speed, explosiveness, power, and ability to take shots from much bigger men. So ariza is right when he says not following through affects him. However I think he hasnt been following through with ariza's program because pac's priorities have shifted from boxing to politics. I personally think pac hasnt been hungry since the cotto fight.

Comment

It's not like Pac gassed out, he got KTFO..

Comment

all this "Pac looked great" thing is being a bit overblown....Marquez was pretty much allowing him to do a lot by loading up on his punches so much...If you look at their faces when they trade, Pac looks in discomfort almost everytime JMM lands, JMM has always been prone to eat a lot of taps on the outside while waiting for his opportunity to strike(usually jabs)...JMM himself says the straight lefts that landed before the 5th round were pretty much taps....and the punch that really hurt him was the right Pac landed in the fifth, not the left that dropped him(aided by a feet collision). Manny looked very fluid, but his strenght was definitely not bothering Marquez that much until the right in the fifth...and more than ever, Marquez seemed to hurt Pacquiao with every power shot.

Comment

Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
                    all this "Pac looked great" thing is being a bit overblown....Marquez was pretty much allowing him to do a lot by loading up on his punches so much...If you look at their faces when they trade, Pac looks in discomfort almost everytime JMM lands, JMM has always been prone to eat a lot of taps on the outside while waiting for his opportunity to strike(usually jabs)...JMM himself says the straight lefts that landed before the 5th round were pretty much taps....and the punch that really hurt him was the right Pac landed in the fifth, not the left that dropped him(aided by a feet collision). Manny looked very fluid, but his strenght was definitely not bothering Marquez that much until the right in the fifth...and more than ever, Marquez seemed to hurt Pacquiao with every power shot.
                    So do you believe the lack of strength and conditioning affected pac negatively??

And like I said in my earlier post the whole "pac looked great" thing was in comparison to the non-efforts and lack of determination pac had been showcasing since knocking out cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
                      So do you believe the lack of strength and conditioning affected pac negatively??

And like I said in my earlier post the whole "pac looked great" thing was in comparison to the non-efforts and lack of determination pac had been showcasing since knocking out cotto.
                      jmm is eating a lot of leather himself.. yes pc looked great on landing it, but the snap were not there. i am surprised how jmm just shake it and gave his own.. its a complete role reversal of the previous 36 rounds..

i believe with the accuracy pac had on this last fight + the snap of his punches on the cotto fight would have given him the victory.. that monster right hand he landed on round 5 was the only blow that rocked jmm.. his patented straight left seems to lost its "impact".

Comment

Working...
                      X