Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cotto has to put pressure like most said because if he tries to box Floyd from the outside he'll get outboxed. He needs to put Floyd on the ropes, land hooks to the body with straight rights. I just dont see how Miguel can beat him from the outside with Floyds speed and counters. Keeping the fight close is he bet chance.

Comment

• Please Cotto fans, you guys don't SERIOUSLY believe he'll beat Mayweather....right???

I mean, being a fan is one thing but rooting blindly for him because his family just randomly happens to come from the same part of the Caribbean your family came from is pretty stupid to be quite honest. That or you guys were some hardcore wrestling fans and just crossed over to boxing with the same admiration and dedication you had for Hulk Hogan. I would imagine you guys aren't dense enough to actually bet money on Cotto though. Highly doubt that.

My question, are there any NSB Cotto fans that actually think Cotto is going to win?

ps. please spare me the whole "this is boxing, anything can happen" talk. of course anything can happen. someone could come in strapped with bombs and blow up the building too. stick to the script!

Comment

• Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
        haha to add..

*****s: Cotto is a shot... pac/cotto 2 is a waste of time...
        *****s: Pac is fighting floyds leftovers

Floyd: I will fight cotto on may 5!

*****s: The fight of the century! This is it!

hahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

the worst fans in the century!
        hahahahahahahahaha at you my friend. you conveniently left out all the slop posted by the pac fans. call it both ways if you have the gutz

Comment

• honestly, if the floyd that showed up for ortiz shows up for cotto... cotto might actually have a better chance than what most give him.

IMO, floyd looked a bit stationary... a bit slower....and threw sloppy combos...
          im comparing him to his previous performances... he looked SHARP against shane & jmm.... i feel if the bizarre ending didnt happen, floyd wouldve had a hard night. not because of ortiz, its more of a reflection of floyd slipping.... due to multiple possibilities: inactivity, lack of motivation, lost the love for the sport, just collecting a check.... floyd HIMSELF stated he lacks motivation to fight.

and if floyd continues to promise/deliver a more fan-friendly gameplan, then we might see some good moments for cotto.

Comment

• Originally posted by javielo View Post
            He was too slow for Mosley too and he won the fight........

He was too slow for Zab Judah and he won the fight.........

If Bruseles was able to hit Mayweather and Bruseles is the slowest MFer out there why does Cotto has to be fast?

Mosley and Judah both caught Mayweather with a sissy punch and then let him recover something that Cotto would never do.
            keep hope alive son!!!!!!! keep hope alive.

Comment

• Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
              Ofcourse, same could be said about cotto tho (to a slightly lesser degree). The key is getting multiple guys in there that bring different facets.
              Not really. Omar Henry is a known Cotto clone sparring partner.

Comment

• Originally posted by LEFTYGUNZZ View Post
                SUGAR SHANE MOSLEY -------> He seemed to do it right for Oscar. Freddie Roach asked him to come too camp for that fight. Shane is looking to take a fight this year so it may work for the both of them....LEFTY

what you mean dressed in a tutu and wearing pink gloves?!

Comment

• Originally posted by frosty-g View Post
                  what you mean dressed in a tutu and wearing pink gloves?!
                  ACTUALLY de la hoya probably DID request that- what with him and his high heels, fishnets etc!

Comment

• Originally posted by IIG View Post
                    Not really. Omar Henry is a known Cotto clone sparring partner.
                    He's good at emulating cotto, but he's no cotto. Cotto does cotto best, mayweather does mayweather best, etc.

im sure margarito had success against omar, but how much success did he have against cotto?

Comment

• Originally posted by mrjoeblive View Post
                      hahahahahahahahaha at you my friend. you conveniently left out all the slop posted by the pac fans. call it both ways if you have the gutz
                      Just telling how it is.. You mad??

well cotto been brutally beat two times now. Everyone was discrediting pac's win because of how Tony destroyed him. So now everyone is saying he is better after going trough two savage beatings??

Having said that I don't go that route anyway. I love this fight and I feel cotto will be competitive. But I just find it funny how floyd fans loved the word " leftover " and now flip flopping.

True story

Comment

Working...
                      X