Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So who are all these slick boxers that Pac should be facing instead??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
    ahhaa
    you have a point there
    let me ask you this Pistol
    besided JMM who has pac fought that was as skilled as JMM?

no one
    I think he is pulling a mayweather and not fighting the toughest comp out there
    but if Floyd can get away with it why not Manny? Right?
    True statement...

This guy Pistol Whip never gets off his favorite fighters jock...trust me...

Comment

Originally posted by pistol whip View Post
      Other than Floyd I really can't think of any of these supposed slick boxers that pac would have trouble with. And whats all this talk about Pac fighting nothing but face first brawlers? Cotto's a face first brawler? Clotty the counter puncher? Oscar who was an all around boxer? I'll give you Hatton but what face first brawler has pac fought since David Diaz and even before that who?
      I don't think it is a question of fighting a slick boxer, but of fighting a fighter who is on the way up instead of down and someone who has not recently suffered a significant defeat. Pac's last five opponents have been: Clottey (lost in his last fight to Cotto); Cotto (KOd two fights earlier against Margarito, and who many believe was not nearly as good after the KO); Hatton (KO'd two fights earlier against Mayweather and struggled in his last fight against Laczano); Oscar de la Hoya (obviously weight drained moving down to 147); and David Diaz (who was considered the fourth or fifth best fighter at 135). There were better opponents than all of these that were available to him at 135, 140 and 147. Instead he chose to take on the weakest challenge he could find. Now they are talking about Margarito in his next fight, which would be as bad if not worse than these five.

Comment

lol @ people who believe this, the only reason he hasn't fought any "slick fighters"/black fighters is because it wouldn't have made sense for him to have.

Guzman? He fought Marquez instead, Guzman wasn't known and still isn't. Collazo? Come on, please... Alexander? Got good after Pac became p4p #1, why would he fight him? Campbell? Diaz draws more than him! regardless of the belts he owned.

Comment

Originally posted by boxasmash View Post
          lol @ people who believe this, the only reason he hasn't fought any "slick fighters"/black fighters is because it wouldn't have made sense for him to have.

Guzman? He fought Marquez instead, Guzman wasn't known and still isn't. Collazo? Come on, please... Alexander? Got good after Pac became p4p #1, why would he fight him? Campbell? Diaz draws more than him! regardless of the belts he owned.

Your right, it dosn't make sense for him to fight slick boxers. Because his style matches up horribly against them.

Why fight high risk, low reward? When you can drain 2 guys and have 1 guy match up perfectly for your style?

Comment

Zab judah is slick.........

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
              ahhaa
              you have a point there
              let me ask you this Pistol
              besided JMM who has pac fought that was as skilled as JMM?

no one
              I think he is pulling a mayweather and not fighting the toughest comp out there
              but if Floyd can get away with it why not Manny? Right?
              and who is/was AS SKILLED as JMM w/ regards to being a slick or technical boxer or whatever name you wanna call it???

you make it seem that JMM is your everyday run of the mill generic skilled boxer and that there are hundreds of them boxers in the same league as him. its the reason he gave pac a tough fight, because jmm is THAT good, for ****s sake you would have him as P4P#2 or #1 if you were biased enough that time.

jmm would toy with your slick boxers, just dont let him bloat up 2 divisions higher

Comment

Originally posted by TheRatman View Post
                If he can't get a fight with Floyd or shane, then who. Please don't say Margrito.
                I hate the idea of a Margarito fight as much as you, trust me.

If he can't get those fights he should either Retire, cause he has nothing to prove and he said he's only interested in fighting as a welterweight. Bradley and Alexander are both 140 lbers plus they're not on the level of a Manny Pacquiao and would get their ass taxed for sure. Or fight one of them just to prove it. I mean come on, is this how desperate Pac detractors now are? Clamouring for him to fight Devon Alexander, a guy who barely beat Junior Witter? Come on now.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRatman View Post
                  When he choice to fught David Diaz, is when he should have fought Cambell instead. Who was the real champ at the time after beating Juan Diaz. Pac would have won but still he should taken the belt from the champ not a belt holder. Now, I would like to see him fight Devon Alexander or Tim Bradley.
                  The real champ was Casamayor. If we going to bash Pac lets at least get the fact straight.

Comment

Originally posted by risan taog View Post
                    pac did duck shane and floyd...two slick boxers
                    What is slick about Shane?

Comment

Originally posted by Killa Killa View Post
                      They named a lot of the slick fighters he should face...

Just like your hero Fedor should be facing the top guys at Heavyweight like Coture, Lesnar, Velasquez, Mir, Carwin, Dos Santos...oh wait...they are UFC...the company he didn't sign with...
                      They named Collazo man. Collazo is not slick, they also named Campbell and Shane they're not slick either. Alexander really? Come on...

The only one besides Floyd who is slick that you can make a case that Pac should of fought is Joan Guzman and that is it. After that nobody...

Also people forget that Sasakul was a slick fighter and also lineal champ and Pac stopped him.

Comment

Working...
                      X