Collapse
No announcement yet.

May-Pac: I've never been so disgusted with the sport of boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After all of this, it's only the fans that suffer. Arum, Pacquiao, Mayweather, GBP, and the rest will still make their money.

Comment

Originally posted by dans01234 View Post
      After all of this, it's only the fans that suffer. Arum, Pacquiao, Mayweather, GBP, and the rest will still make their money.
      I agree, however, your sig of Robinson is really off.

As great as he was, he was notorious for his demands and his bull****, which may have resulted in him getting robbed in the 4th Fullmer fight.

Merely different types of bull****.
      Last edited by Thread Stealer; 01-12-2010, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Thread Stealer View Post
        I blame both of these ****ers for not coming to a compromise. In big fights like this, sides need to compromise. The difference was 10 days, is it THAT hard to meet in the middle? Bastards. People yap about "principle". Save me that bull****. Where's the principle in making fighters pay you if they are overweight, or refusing to fight if your opponent doesn't weigh 2 lbs below the weight limit? Where's the principle in missing a catchweight and simply paying off the opponent? It's about gaining edges through negotiating leverage, whether it be physical or psychological. Both sides refused to give in. As Jake Donovan said, they both "played big ****". And ****ed the sport of boxing with them.

Bob Arum probably didn't want it, he'd prefer to keep it in-house at Top Rank.
        Completely agree. Fans like to put all the blame on one side or the other but the fact is, as you pointed out, that they both should have compromised. 10 ****ing days is a joke of a reason to not have this fight. A complete joke.

Comment

Originally posted by dans01234 View Post
          This whole Pacquiao-Mayweather thing disgusts me.

Both sides are being dumb and immature.

IMO Pacquiao should just take the tests and make the fight, but I can see why he's pissed.

Well Pac and Floyd, boxing fans are pissed too. And it's not because of one side or the other, it's because of both. Only boxing could screw up a slam dunk of this magnitude.

If this fight doesn't get made, it will alienate more fans than it would've gained by actually having this fight. Thus, the fight to revitalize boxing could turn into the fight that digs it deeper into obscurity.

To be honest, I'm done. I so sick of this crap I can't comment anymore. I'm not choosing a side anymore, I'm simply saying "Go to hell" to both.

So anyway, this is the last post I will make until this fight is either off the table or made. I've had enough and I'd imagine a lot of boxing fans feel the same way. In a sport of blood and guts, it's unbelievable that two fighters can be so petty and cowardly.
          So do I...demending extra blood test is ****. but also sueing someone because of 'demending' is ****.both of guys are disappointing me.

Comment

Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
            Completely agree. Fans like to put all the blame on one side or the other but the fact is, as you pointed out, that they both should have compromised. 10 ****ing days is a joke of a reason to not have this fight. A complete joke.
            It's incredible a fight of this magnitude could become such a joke.

Comment

Working...
            X