No announcement yet.

Prime Hatton vs Bam Bam Rios

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
    You only have to look at rios to see he's not a "big" guy.

As you say he was starting to look pudgy at 140, he's tall but slim shoulders, thin wrists, just not a big guy.

I'd bet that other than height, Hatton is bigger in every measurement (and not just when hes fat lol)
    You're preaching to the choir man. I like Rios and how he always goes for the KO. He's very fun to watch, and he's a great body/volume puncher, but at light welterweight he's noticeably smaller than the likes of Hatton. Personally, I think it's crazy how highly people are ranking him at that weight. I'd put money on Matthysse stopping him with a body shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiegelo View Post
      You're preaching to the choir man. I like Rios and how he always goes for the KO. He's very fun to watch, and he's a great body/volume puncher, but at light welterweight he's noticeably smaller than the likes of Hatton. Personally, I think it's crazy how highly people are ranking him at that weight. I'd put money on Matthysse stopping him with a body shot.
      it's just typical NSB getting carried away.

After the Abril fight, Rios was an absoloute bum who would get murdered by anyone with a pulse, now he's some sort of Terminator.

That's how it is in the madhouse, no middle ground.

Comment

I think Ricky takes this over 12 rounds, too much hand speed and foot speed. One of those fights where the scorecards are pretty one sided but it is a highly competitive fight.

Hatton's style was extremely difficult to beat when he was in his prime. I think he would beat Rios to the punch and then tie him up. Rios might start getting to him in the second half of the fight but Ricky hangs on for the UD

Comment

Rios... Hatton swells and bleeds very easily.

Comment

Originally posted by toshmurph View Post
            Hatton isn't as physically strong as Rios, combine that with the fact Hatton cuts up if you so much as stare at him long enough I'd pick Rios by TKO by 10.. Would be a helluva fight though, Hatton's only advantages I can see are he's very quick on his feet and has better punch technique, that's fine if your gonna outbox him, but thats not Hatton's game. Rios has all the advantages in the other departments IMO.

We need a poll on this though
            Rios has zero advantages against Hatton. Hatton is stronger, faster, punches harder, takes a better punch and is a better inside and outside boxer than Rios. This entire threads and comments such as yours are pathetic and sad.

Comment

People really don't realise how good Hatton was in his prime. Shame.

Comment

i love rios but hatton in his prime would stop him,hatton imo is severely underrated.the way he used to work the body and switch from head to body plus the angles he would do it at gives rios problems.if needed to be he could box aswell shame he doesnt get full credit like he deserves

Comment

Originally posted by SaintGeorge View Post

It really is.

Comment

Originally posted by SaintGeorge View Post
                    seriously the only fights they saw him fight where mayweather who he gave a hell of a fight and his toughest up untill cotto and pac where he was shot to **** and it was pac at his peak

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                      A preview of Prime Hatton vs Rios

i think you're selling Rios short in this instance. Rios is far from unbeatable, and i'd pick Hatton over most 140lbers who've come down the pike in recent years (excepting Bradley), but Ricky is a good style for him. Brandon's intensity would be able to display itself in this fight, which gives him a live shot.

Comment

Working...
                      X