• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IBF orders Beterbiev vs Hopkins in 175 elimnator

http://www.rds.ca/combat/boxe/vers-u...kins-1.2514859
    Probably need to use google translate

Don't bank on Kovalev/Bieterbiev

http://www.ibfusbaregistration.com/i...?view=rankings

I don't think HOpkins takes it since he's looking for one more fight and for a title... or maybe he does... who knows. If he doesn't though, next up is Skoglund...who has a fight on the 19th. So if for whatever reason he doesn't take it... Chilemba is next up again.

I hope Hopkins doesn't do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
      I hope Hopkins doesn't do it.
      I don't think he will because he'd still have to fight Kovalev again for the title.

He has until Thursday to show intent... after that they move to Skoglund

Comment

Call me crazy but I think Hopkins maybe would have a shot, sure he is old as hell now but I think he has enough trickery to him to If not win it atleast bring up a lot of questions that Beterbiev will need to answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
          Call me crazy but I think Hopkins maybe would have a shot, sure he is old as hell now but I think he has enough trickery to him to If not win it atleast bring up a lot of questions that Beterbiev will need to answer.
          It's not crazy at all. At least for the Hopkins Kovalev beat. That guy is still tricky enough to make Beterbiev look bad and beat him.

Comment

Well if Hopkins takes this then it's another big risk.

Comment

What's the upside, could he make a big payday off this fight??

Comment

I've seen that on RDS -- http://www.rds.ca/combat/boxe/vers-u...kins-1.2514859

... Kovalev just fought his IBF "mandatory", so they can't force him immediately into another mando fight... But from here up to forcing Hopkins to fight Beterbiev it's quite a long way... And did Hopkins ask for this one? I suppose he didn't.

Comment

Think this might be some intervention to get Bhop to retire. He don't wanna fight Beterbiev & if he wins fight Kovalev again.

Whats the 2nd message say about Kov vs Beterbiev?

Comment

Nothing to gain for Hopkins, does nothing for him. If he wins it would only put him in a position to be mandatory to Kovalev.

Hopkins doesn't need to be fighting up and comers at this point. If he wins so what? Proves nothing.

I'm sure Hopkins understands this and will decline. I'd like to see Hopkins vs Abraham.

Comment

Working...
                    X