Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Smith's 'Django Unchained' Role Didn't Happen Because Actor Wanted 'The Lead'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think Will Smith is overrated. I don't think anybody with a brain ever considered him a "holy hell he is such a great elite freakin actor"! Hes good but like said hes underachieved.

I would have loved him in the matrix though. Would of been alot funnier.

Though he has a point it was a hard movie to pitch even though it doesn't make more sense to be doing this crap hes coming out with now with his son.

Comment

Will Smith isn't as bad an actor as people suggest. I found most of his movies entertaining, not masterpieces but certainly worth a watch if you've got some free time with nothing to do.

Comment

Will smith should have got an Oscar for Han****.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
          A bad actor is Nicolas Cage, Tobey McGuire, Val Kilmer, etc.
          Nicolas Cage is not a bad actor. He's a great actor who's been slumming it because he needs the money. Watch Leaving Las Vegas or Adaptation. It's like a completely different person inhabited those roles. People only know Tobey Maguire because of the Spider-Man films, but they forget he did amazing work with Ang Lee on The Ice Storm and Ride with the Devil. His role in Pleasantville was also pretty damn good. The problem I have with Will Smith is that he's such a huge star it's hard to see him other than Will Smith. In Ali, I couldn't see him as Ali, I saw Will Smith doing a good impression of Ali. And as for Will Smith being in the Matrix? I think he'd be miscast. The role requires the protagonist to act stupified at all the things he sees around him and Keanu Reeves was the best guy to do that. Also keep in mind that the Wachowskis first choice for Neo when they finished the script in 1993 was actually Brandon Lee.

Comment

Originally posted by Walter White View Post
            Nicolas Cage is not a bad actor. He's a great actor who's been slumming it because he needs the money. Watch Leaving Las Vegas or Adaptation. It's like a completely different person inhabited those roles. People only know Tobey Maguire because of the Spider-Man films, but they forget he did amazing work with Ang Lee on The Ice Storm and Ride with the Devil. His role in Pleasantville was also pretty damn good. The problem I have with Will Smith is that he's such a huge star it's hard to see him other than Will Smith. In Ali, I couldn't see him as Ali, I saw Will Smith doing a good impression of Ali. And as for Will Smith being in the Matrix? I think he'd be miscast. The role requires the protagonist to act stupified at all the things he sees around him and Keanu Reeves was the best guy to do that. Also keep in mind that the Wachowskis first choice for Neo when they finished the script in 1993 was actually Brandon Lee.
            He's been in good films, nor for a long time. And its not like he built a De Niro career where he earned taking the paycheck at a certain point in his career. He's one of the lower tier actors to ever win an Oscar.

Comment

Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
              He's good, but i wouldn't say he's great. He's like the Mayweather of Hollywood except that he isn't as talented at acting as Floyd is skilled at boxing. They do have a lot in common when it comes to low-risk, high-reward. He rarely takes serious challenging roles like, Leo Dicaprio, Denzel Washington, Daniel Day Lewis, Robert De Niro, ect. He only goes after the same limited highest-paying roles.
              What a horrible comparison, makes no damn sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
                He's good, but i wouldn't say he's great. He's like the Mayweather of Hollywood except that he isn't as talented at acting as Floyd is skilled at boxing. They do have a lot in common when it comes to low-risk, high-reward. He rarely takes serious challenging roles like, Leo Dicaprio, Denzel Washington, Daniel Day Lewis, Robert De Niro, ect. He only goes after the same limited highest-paying roles.
                The same could be said about denzel washington imo (a good actor nonethless, just saying). Granted i havent seen all his movies, but he always seemingly has to be the rogue badass, and/or a cop.

Comment

Originally posted by Walter White View Post
                  Nicolas Cage is not a bad actor. He's a great actor who's been slumming it because he needs the money.
                  He's not a bad actor. He's an atrocious actor. His best roles are the ones in which he doesn't manage to ruin decent films. Raising Arazona or Kick Ass.

Those films are good despite him being in them.

Comment

As far as the Matrix goes, can't really see anybody replacing Reeves.

The movie in itself for the time, was amazing.

Could have had one of my blue noses in it, dubbed in "Whoa", and had a great flick.

To me, it was a movie that didn't need the sequels.

I feel sometimes that people need everything layed out for them. Or maybe Hollywood needs to milk the cash cow.

The Matrix is just one of those great popcorn eating, great watchable films.

I didn't need the the sequels to "point" me to the end conclusion.

Thought the first movie ended on a perfect note.

Comment

Originally posted by bayareamike View Post
                      Jamie Foxx is a douchebag. Will smith is better actor. This scene alone ****s on any acting Foxx does. Sorry can't embed, on my phone.

http://youtu.be/bxulantPiXI

http://youtu.be/3foi5c6rJ84
                      Straight tear jerker scene.

Comment

Working...
                      X