Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Team Manny/Arum afraid of fighting Mayweather? Why do they keep ducking?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is Team Manny/Arum afraid of fighting Mayweather? Why do they keep ducking?

vote in poll
    They know Mayweather is a superior boxer in every way possible
    29.41%
    They are scared to get completely dominated in a one sided shutout
    47.06%
    They are aware that Mayweather continues to beat fighters in a more spectacular way than Manny does
    0.00%
    They are scared to have their little cash cow lose and go back to the slums
    23.53%

Both sides are so used to dictating to their opponent purse/venue/promotion/etc. settling on even the smallest details is a huge ****ing nightmare. There is no reason to think this fight will get done EVEN IF both sides want to get it done.

Comment

mods is this really thread worthy. delete this crap.

Comment

I can only think of one fighter that Mayweather beat more spectacularly then Manny that they have both fought... that's Marquez.

Hatton, De La Hoya and Mosley all got mauled by Manny. Hatton in 2 as apposed to 10 rounds. De La Hoya was stopped instead of being decisioned and Manny won every round against Mosley and even dropped him.

Comment

im scared of needles
          ok im not scared but i dont want to test when he says
          ok ill test, its no issue but Floyd wants too much money
          money no issue but Floyd has legal problems he has to take care of, so maybe i will fight Marquez on May 5th instead
          Floyds out of Jail? What? oh no i dont want to fight May 5th no more
          Ok Ill fight May 5th but not in MGM Grand, I want stadium built
          OK forget the stadium i want late May
          No never mind how about June 9th? Because then Floyd will be in Jail and i really want to fight floyd but i cant.

CLOWN getting EXPOSED

Comment

Mayweather :

1.I want a full random blood and urine test

Pacquiao :

1.Pacquiao is afraid of needles

2.Blood tests make Pacquiao weak

3.$10 million penalty per pound overweight

4.I want 8 oz gloves

5.I choose the ring size

6.Floyd Mayweather wants too much money

7.Floyd Mayweather is not serious he doesnt want to fight

8.We dont want to fight at the MGM Grand

9. I need a 17 day cutoff.

10. Let the Commission do their job

11. We don't trust USADA

12. 50/50 split won't get it done even though Mayweather consistently beats me in terms of generating revenue. Yes, Pacquiao recently said he wants more than 50/50.

13. Mayweather may not be available due to his cases.

14. Floyd Mayweather SR. said we couldn't train in the Philippines so that tells us they aren't serious.

15. As long as we have a pending case against Mayweather, we obviously aren't going to fight.

16. We hate Golden Boy so we won't negotiate with them.

17. Mayweather didn't answer my online clock that counted down to zero.

18. We're not going to wait on Mayweather. That's why we sign our next opponent 3 days after our last fight in order to shut out an opportunity or window to start earnest discussions with the Mayweather camp.

19. I dont need Mayweather to enhance my career.

20. The Joshua Clottey fight days after the Mayweather negotiations broke down

21. Starting a false rumor , Mayweather is fighting Erik Morales .

22. Can't give blood cause of religious beliefs/superstitions

23. "Mayweather is naturally bigger than me so if i give blood i will be smaller than him."

24. No testing within 7 days of the fight

25. Mayweathers Vile Words May Affect Manny's Presidency

26. Leg Cramps/I was overtrained

27. Not ready for May 5, cut is still healing

28. I dont want the fight in May, June only (when Floyd is in jail)

Comment

Originally posted by Sin City View Post
              I can only think of one fighter that Mayweather beat more spectacularly then Manny that they have both fought... that's Marquez.

Hatton, De La Hoya and Mosley all got mauled by Manny. Hatton in 2 as apposed to 10 rounds. De La Hoya was stopped instead of being decisioned and Manny won every round against Mosley and even dropped him.
              Pacquiao already beat Marquez 3 times (one was the scoring error) in his two best weight division in a close fight that can go either way while Floyd weight cheated Marquez to victory, the rest took a worst beating as you mentioned above. Pac already has 3 losses, so losing another one is not the end of the world for him besides their is nothing to be afraid in Mayweathers punches that might kill Pacquiao. All the logical reason who should be scared points to Mayweather.

1. Floyd asked for extra test because he can't believed what Pac did to those he avoided like a plague and to their common opponents.
              2. Floyd love so much his 0 losses record more than his children and his career revolves around it. If Pac shattered it, he may commit suicides after the fight.
              Last edited by straightleft; 01-12-2012, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Because Bob doesn't own Mayweather.
                If Bobs biggest cash cow loses........Bob wants it to be to a guy that he owns.

Bob could then take that guy and ride him to the bank like he does Pacquiao.

There is no risk for Bob when Pacquiao fights other top rank fighters.

When Mosley and Marquez were with Goldenboy.......they couldn't get a fight with Pacquiao.

Once they signed with top rank and gave top rank options on their next fights......Bob put them in the ring with Manny.

Same thing with Bradley. He was never an option until he signed with top rank.

If Floyd was a top rank fighter, or promised to give Top rank options on his next few fights.........the deal would have been made years ago.

Why would Bob let Floyd destroy his cash cow and then ride off into the sunset leaving Bob to pick up the pieces and try to rebuild Pacquiao.

Comment

This s**t is beyond ridiculous right now. Everyone thought Manny would stand up and say "I want Floyd, May 5th", but nope.....that didn't happen. Instead they want to fight on June 9th, but Floyd goes to jail on June 1st.

How can ANYONE say Team Pacquiao and Arum aren't ducking???

Comment

Working...
                  X