Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top 5 LEAST athletic, yet MOST successful athletes?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 5 LEAST athletic, yet MOST successful athletes?

Who are the top 5 athletes you can think of who basically had mediocre athletic talent, yet exceeded FAR beyond the expectations of somebody with the same athletic ability?

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
      Far from it, very very far, Hatton had very good athletic ability, especially his foot speed, how he used it is another story though. A good mention is Froch, slow as shit, accomplished more than I would expect from someone with that kind of athletic ability.

Comment

in boxing i would go with francois botha, hockey i'd say dave andreychuk because he was big, couldn't skate very fast but he could stand in front of the net & score garbage goals. he scored over 600 goals in his career & i bet 580 of them were garbage. former NFL QB stan humphries because he never had a big arm or mobility but he would stand in the pocket & take huge hits to make a play & he went to a SB. in baseball i'm going to say backup outfielder reed johnson(played with toronto & played with cubs last 2 years),he plays the game hard, runs out every ball, crashes into the wall to make a catch, doesn't have power or great speed but his intensity is not matched by many. winning teams need guys like this in the locker room. i can't think of a 5th so i will go with another hockey player tomas holmstrom. he's the same type of player as andreychuk but has around 300 goals...
        Last edited by joe strong; 03-17-2012, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Zach Randolph and Nowitzki in particular.
          Boxing I agree about Froch, he's slow and uncoordinated it's a mystery the success he's reached.

Comment

If we are talking basketball?

Slow, couldn't jump over a phone book, slow....

Court vision, killer instinct, jumpers all day from whatever range, leadership.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
              If we are talking basketball?

Slow, couldn't jump over a phone book, slow....

Court vision, killer instinct, jumpers all day from whatever range, leadership.
              i think he jumped higher than Nowitzki and Randolph and was faster too. He had more coordination as well, but yeah I agree the success he had with the athletic ability that he had. He's top 5.

Comment

Comment

Rocky Marciano.

Comment

We're talking about all sports. . . I wouldn't really say Froch, because while he's achieved a lot, he hasn't achieved nearly as much as other athletes who weren't nearly as athletically gifted as their competition.

Larry Bird is a good one. . . Im not sure about Manning, as I'd say the ability to throw the football like he does counts as a pretty rare form of athleticism.

How about Emitt Smith?

Comment

Working...
                    X