Which Atg fighter had the best stamina

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably Armstrong.

Comment

To find the answer, you will have to go back to old days. 15 rounds is nothing. Go back to the days of 45 rounds championship fights and you will find that the most durable fighter of them all was Oscar Matthew Battling Nelson.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
        To find the answer, you will have to go back to old days. 15 rounds is nothing. Go back to the days of 45 rounds championship fights and you will find that the most durable fighter of them all was Oscar Matthew Battling Nelson.
        You have no idea how disappointed I am at you right now…

It’s not the first time you’ve turned your back on Kalule either.

Shame on you, Bat.

Comment

Antonio Margarito, I honestly think if he trained for it he could probably be the best triathalon competitor in the world. I don't think I have ever seen him breath heavily in a fight

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
            Antonio Margarito, I honestly think if he trained for it he could probably be the best triathalon competitor in the world. I don't think I have ever seen him breath heavily in a fight
            \

lol...........

Comment

Originally posted by greeh View Post
              You have no idea how disappointed I am at you right now…

It’s not the first time you’ve turned your back on Kalule either.

Shame on you, Bat.
              I gotta go with my avatar bro.

I still miss your original 'lule avy.

But Kalule did have tremendous stamina and fought many a 15 rounder where he outworked the opposition.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                  Based on fighters who are true ATG's and that I've seen fight live, Carlos Monzon. He looked the same in the 15th round as he did in the 1st.
                  He didn't have as frenetic a style as some other guys, though.

Armstrong threw an unbelievable number of punches and never seemed to slow down, and that's based on footage from later in his career.

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
                    He didn't have as frenetic a style as some other guys, though.

Armstrong threw an unbelievable number of punches and never seemed to slow down, and that's based on footage from later in his career.
                    That is true. Monzon was a very deliberate fighter who always dictated the pace. But like I said I was only going on fighters who were active in my lifetime. On an all time basis Armstrong seems like as good of a choice as anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                      I gotta go with my avatar bro.

I still miss your original 'lule avy.

But Kalule did have tremendous stamina and fought many a 15 rounder where he outworked the opposition.
                      My post was tongue-in-cheek, so no worries, pal. There might be someone sitting in a shed somewhere in Uganda and planning your death right now though...

And what have artistic dachshunds ever done to you?

You can’t hate someone that has a beret. Especially not if it's a dachshund.

I might as well grab the chance to chime in with a few fighters that have gone unnoticed so far. I am a bit cleft though, since the thread title says “Which ATG fighter had the best stamina”, and then in the opening post it says “open to any fighter”.

I will go with the latter:

Saldivar
                      Laciar
                      Yuh
                      Griffith
                      Moon
                      Fenech
                      Chionoi
                      Tiger
                      Marciano (I'm disgusted with myself)

Greb should probably also be mentioned, although the “there is no film” haters would never admit it.

Comment

Working...
                      X