No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Floyd Mayweather Jr. Explains The Money Team Concept

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    "It's no different than if you come to Las Vegas [and] you can't get a room in Las Vegas, but me and my people got the connections to get you what you want. All we feel is this, we don't want no money from you, but we only want you to just return the favor when we're in your neighborhood. That's how we work. That's how The Money Team works," Mayweather explained.

Is it just me or does this sound like the mob? "One day, and that day may never come, you may be called upon to do me a favor."

If Mayweather makes his people money and takes care of them, I hope he gets the recognition for it. Boxing is a sport that needs more promoters and managers willing to take care of their fighters.
    Haymon-Godfather
    floyd-Michael Corleone
    ellerbee-fat assassin dude whose name I forget

Comment

WTF I read his quote twice and it makes no fukn sense

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
        It's professional trade man... I knew people would look to deep into it because Floyd said it.. It is typical for a business to do it. For instance, I get free massages and adjustments because my wife is a personal trainer and trains a chiropractor. Anytime I want/need a massage or adjustment, neither of us pay for it. Just like the Doc and his wife don't pay for training sessions.

Floyd treats his guests in his hometown and is saying when he is away and needs assistance those people he helped should help him.

It’s no different when I’m Dj’ing. I’ll sometimes Dj for free as long as that business/company promotes/advertises for free.
        Oh my glob, IT WAS A JOKE. Stop being so sensitive.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
          Haymon-Godfather
          floyd-Michael Corleone
          ellerbee-fat assassin dude whose name I forget
          Luca Brasi is the name

Comment

Ellerbe is Kay Corleone.

Comment

Originally posted by tredh View Post
              Luca Brasi is the name
              i thought that was abe vigoda's charachter. I mean that fat guy that runs up the steps with the shotgun.

Comment

Ellerbe is Kay Corleone.
                why did you have to ruin a good joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                  i thought that was abe vigoda's charachter. I mean that fat guy that runs up the steps with the shotgun.
                  Abe Vigoda's charactor is Tessio. The fat guy is Clemenza. Brasi is the guy who gets strangled in the bar before Vito is shot.

And it's my joke, I can ruin it if I damn well want.

Comment

I don't live there, but a lot of the best Mayweather fans on this site are from the UK. I doubt there's anywhere in the world where boxing is a major sport that Mayweather isn't at least known in.
                    When he came to London, the people came in mass. As in, as if a Rockstar was there.

It wasn't even promoted he would be there. He said in an Interview was Sky Sports News "If anyone wants to come and see me train tommorow I'll be at the Pea**** gym" a passing comment. I wasn't expecting a big turn out at all.

It ended up being absolutely ridiculous.

Truth be told, when he came in the gym he was very cautious and weary. He really was. Bare in mind, other than his entourage there was no security at allinside and the gym was literally packed to a state where you couldn't move and hundreds more outside who got turned away because it was well over the capacity. The Pea**** Gym isn't even a big gym in general. He didn't know if he was being greeted by fans or people coming for him

After he saw every single person in there was a fan they took the barriers down and let everyone get as close as they wanted, or that his 17 foot bouncers would allow.

Point being, he has a very big fanbase here.

If that training session was promoted at all, the turnout would have been insane.

Comment

Abe Vigoda's charactor is Tessio. The fat guy is Clemenza. Brasi is the guy who gets strangled in the bar before Vito is shot.

And it's my joke, I can ruin it if I damn well want.
                      clemenza thank you. you're right about tessio too. ellerbee is either tom or clemenza-kay would be josie harris.

Comment

Working...
                      X