Khabib named Danny Garcia's mandatory

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jloro View Post
    Danny ices him
    Very possible. Danny's a stud. Khabib's got a good chin, though. And a far better boxer, more active and better footwork then Lucas IMO

Comment

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
      If I'm Danny, I take a little while longer on my vacation and recoup my body for a bigger name.
      If he stays at 140 by then he would really have no choice but to take the fight or vacate his belt though

Comment

Originally posted by King- View Post
        How do you figure? It says he's targeting Reveco
        If he beats Reveco, he would be in line to fight Estrada again. Reveco is WBA regular champ and Estrada is the WBA/WBO unified champ. Another option after Reveco is Yaegashi but I think the Estrada rematch makes more sense.

Comment

Garcia should not take this fight. He should step his foot down and ask for bigger fights.

He comes in to fight Khan as a replacement for Peterson, as the underdog, and knocks Khan out in 4 rounds.

Boxing fans acted very immature with the accusations about him being afraid of Matthysse, and when the fight was signed he was the underdog and many fans predicted ridiculous outcomes like Matthysse in under 6 rounds.

Time to go up to 147 for bigger pay days. He wiped out 140...Khan, Matthysse, Judah. There's nobody there anymore. Peterson needs to rebuild, Alvarado and Provodnikov are in TR. You got 147 Guerrero, Broner-Maidana winner, Alexander, Thurman, Lopez.

Comment

Originally posted by Public_Enemy View Post
            If he beats Reveco, he would be in line to fight Estrada again. Reveco is WBA regular champ and Estrada is the WBA/WBO unified champ. Another option after Reveco is Yaegashi but I think the Estrada rematch makes more sense.
            Ah, you're right. Thanks.

I would be down for another Gonzalez-Estrada fight

Comment

If he stays at 140 by then he would really have no choice but to take the fight or vacate his belt though
              I think he should just move up then. I didn't even know this kid existed until I read this thread, but from what I've seen, he's a good boxer with some pop, nice body work, AND he's a southpaw.

I think Danny beats him, but he doesn't need to be taking this fight at this point. He's proven himself, and deserves pay days.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                Garcia should not take this fight. He should step his foot down and ask for bigger fights.

He comes in to fight Khan as a replacement for Peterson, as the underdog, and knocks Khan out in 4 rounds.

Boxing fans acted very immature with the accusations about him being afraid of Matthysse, and when the fight was signed he was the underdog and many fans predicted ridiculous outcomes like Matthysse in under 6 rounds.

Time to go up to 147 for bigger pay days. He wiped out 140...Khan, Matthysse, Judah. There's nobody there anymore. Peterson needs to rebuild, Alvarado and Provodnikov are in TR. You got 147 Guerrero, Broner-Maidana winner, Alexander, Thurman, Lopez.
                If he wants to keep his belt he has no choice. If he gets a big(ger) fight at 147 then obviously he would just have to vacate and take said fight but I'm not sure he'll vacate his belt.

Khabib might not be known but he's a top 10 fighter at 140 and would be a good name on Danny's resume. If you think Alvarado-Provodnikov would be okay for Danny, I don't see why Khabib wouldn't be (star power aside) I think he's better then both of them and any decent boxing fan would acknowledge it as a good victory for Danny if he wins.
                Last edited by King_; 10-18-2013, 12:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
                  I think he should just move up then. I didn't even know this kid existed until I read this thread, but from what I've seen, he's a good boxer with some pop and nice body work, AND he's a southpaw.

I think Danny beats him, but he doesn't need to be taking this fight at this point. He's proven himself, and deserves pay days.
                  I can't argue with that. I'm just saying if he's at 140 by this time next year and wants to keep his belt, this fight will have to happen. It would be very risky too if he hasn't had that big fight yet by that point, because like I said I think Khabib beats him.

Comment

I can't argue with that. I'm just saying if he's at 140 by this time next year and wants to keep his belt, this fight will have to happen. It would be very risky too if he hasn't had that big fight yet by that point, because like I said I think Khabib beats him.
                    That's gotta suck. Going from Lucas to Khabib. I've only watched a few minutes of the guy on YouTube and he just looks like a risky guy to take on. Gonna check out some more footage.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

This right here ^

Nothing more to add.

Comment

Working...
                      X