Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greater Fighter, Jake LaMotta or Lennox Lewis?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
    Jab, I've always respected you as a poster on this forum, but in the case of Lewis you have not presented a case, as Sonny has done. You discredit everything as not credible or bias yet I have not seen you present a case as well as Sonny has done, and now you are saying "stop disagreeing with me or I will ban you because I have the power" which is immature and over the top. If this was another fighter we were talking about, and you happened to agree with Sonny and others did not, would you still pull the same action? The fact is that you love Lennox Lewis in the same way that I love Tyson and Dempsey and when somebody calls it like it is you get angry.

I disagree with a lot of people's opinion of Tyson but if I had the power, I wouldn't threaten to ban them for it.

Lol, you think I love Lewis because I defend him and rate him highly? I couldn't stand Lewis when he was active and would slam him on the AOL boxing boards. Since then I have revised my opinion BECAUSE I kept an open mind. The bottom line is though that Sonny's elitist opinion and his refusal to accept anyone elses opinion and facts are what is going to get him in trouble. You and him can think he's right, thats cool. But Im betting the majority don't and consider him a hater when it come to Lewis. I am in fact so sure that I will step down as moderator if I were to lose. All he has to do is keep his word and not post about Lewis again if he loses. The problem is he won't take the bet because he cannot accept other peoples opinions if it differs from his own. This has been perfectly exhibited many times where he has asked a question, gotten an answer and ignored it only to ask the same question later and claim its being avoided. Sonny has decent knowledge and can be a good poster. But he's a joke when it comes to certain fighters, especially Lewis.

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
      you are wanting a "Loaded Question" and not a level playing field... i will ask you again, "What have i posted about the career of Lennox Lewis which you feel is untrue or lies"?...because to be a "Biased-Hater" like you claim i am then i must be telling untruths & lies so if you jot down the things you feel i have said which are lies the voters would then have the evidence in front of them... maybe a question asking, " Are JoeyZagz & JAB oblivious to the facts of Lennox Lewis career"... how do you think that question would be voted?

you call me a biased hater yet i think of you as" awestruck" of Lewis just like JoeyZagz... infact you even complemented JoeyZagz on his comment that George Foreman had been poisoned in Zaire... writing "Very Good Post" in response to his comments about Foreman being poisoned which is quite bazaar for someone who professes to know the history of Boxing... You need to have an open minded opinion on all boxers just like myself and if you feel the need to `correct` a members comments about a fighter then by all means do so as long as your comments are factual and true, but to try to ridicule me for mentioning certain events which happened in the career of Lennox Lewis is a little below the belt, it's as if you do not like that part of Lewis career being brought-up when he is discussed, so you attack me in person to try to prevent me mentioning those events..you need to be impartial JAB instead of angry and threatening in your response to events which happened in Lennox career and those events being mentioned in members opinion of how they feel his career unfolded.
      Its not a loaded question, its an opinion based question. So either you are refusing to accept the opinions of others view on you or you already know Im right. Which is it?

Comment

Jake LaMotta, for the simple reason that every fighter from his era was more of a fighter than fighters from this era and the previous era or two before it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomislav III View Post
          Jake LaMotta, for the simple reason that every fighter from his era was more of a fighter than fighters from this era and the previous era or two before it.
          I would rate LaMotta comfortably ahead of Lewis, but that is a clear case of era bias. You're just asking to get hated on like that. Just a heads-up because you're running a risk of getting seriously trolled on.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

Lol, you think I love Lewis because I defend him and rate him highly? I couldn't stand Lewis when he was active and would slam him on the AOL boxing boards. Since then I have revised my opinion BECAUSE I kept an open mind. The bottom line is though that Sonny's elitist opinion and his refusal to accept anyone elses opinion and facts are what is going to get him in trouble. You and him can think he's right, thats cool. But Im betting the majority don't and consider him a hater when it come to Lewis. I am in fact so sure that I will step down as moderator if I were to lose. All he has to do is keep his word and not post about Lewis again if he loses. The problem is he won't take the bet because he cannot accept other peoples opinions if it differs from his own. This has been perfectly exhibited many times where he has asked a question, gotten an answer and ignored it only to ask the same question later and claim its being avoided. Sonny has decent knowledge and can be a good poster. But he's a joke when it comes to certain fighters, especially Lewis.
            JAB... once again you have ignored my request that you point out to me what parts of the career of Lewis i have told lies and untruths about..?

The reason you have avoided that question on over 30 occasions is that you know i have never told lies or untruths about his career and if you was to answer my question then you would be made to look a "Laughing-Stock" on the forum.

You have now gotten so desperate that you are using your "Moderator-Privileges" to try to shut me up... how low can you possibly get mate.... This is supposed to be a boxing forum for discussing boxers and their careers yet when i mention Lewis refused to fight his No1 contenders you go "ape****".. when i post a video of a boxer telling how it was.. you call him a biased liar, then jump on my case for mentioning it... what is it you want members to do?.. fall in line with you and JoeyZagz and turn this section into a fanclub for Lewis like what ESB is ?....

Not once have you been able to post up a single link to prove what i said about Lewis to be incorrect.. i have posted dozens of links to back-up everything i claim yet those links are ignored or trashed.. you need to sort out your own house before trying to sort out mine because your playground-ploy of asking the youngsters in NSB if i am a hater is nothing short of buffoonery and would do nothing for your standing other than expose you as a fraud who cannot accept the truth of certain events even when the evidence is put under his nose..while at the same time most likely elevating me to "hero status" should you fail.

Once again JAB i will ask you, "What is it i have said about Lewis which you feel is lies or untrue?... because if you continue to refuse to answer my question then i will take it than the answer from you to it is.... nothing!

Comment

Its not a loaded question, its an opinion based question. So either you are refusing to accept the opinions of others view on you or you already know Im right. Which is it?
              JAB... you mean it is "YOUR OPINION" based question...

you keep asking me to "Stop posting on Lewis threads".. yet almost every thread is about Lewis with yourself, Joseph, Scott & JoeyZagz holding him in such high regard that the History Section is not about Marciano, Louis, Ali or Jack Johnson, it is about how Lewis would be simply "TOO BIG" for everyone and how he would just "KEEP HIM BEHIND THE JAB".. if i was not calling into question remarks like that then the forum would have turned into a fanclub which is what you are desperately trying to achieve...

Comment

you keep asking me to "Stop posting on Lewis threads".. yet almost every thread is about Lewis with yourself, Joseph, Scott & JoeyZagz holding him in such high regard that the History Section is not about Marciano, Louis, Ali or Jack Johnson, it is about how Lewis would be simply "TOO BIG" for everyone and how he would just "KEEP HIM BEHIND THE JAB".. if i was not calling into question remarks like that then the forum would have turned into a fanclub which is what you are desperately trying to achieve...
                Oh God...give it up, man. We know you don't like Lennox and you think he sucks. We get it. Will you please stop?

Comment

This is you lying again. Lets see how much play Lewis gets in this section now that you are restricted from talking about him. Congratulations!

Comment

This is you lying again. Lets see how much play Lewis gets in this section now that you are restricted from talking about him. Congratulations!
                    What do u mean Jab?

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
                      What do u mean Jab?
                      He's finished talking about Lewis. Im tired of the lies, half truths, twisting of the truth and propaganda. He'll be eligible to get his full rights again. But in the meantime lets just see how much attention Lewis gets without him baiting other posters with his constant non-sense of this topic.

Comment

Working...
                      X