Collapse
No announcement yet.

'12 Cotto v '07 Hatton

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think at 140 it's a close fight, anything higher I think Cotto would outbox Ricky over 12 rounds but wouldn't be a shutout or anything like that.

Comment

People remember the completely drawn Cotto from the Malignaggi fight and the version that got hurt by Corley and Torres(a massive puncher)......and they forget what a killer Cotto was at 140.

Cotto was much faster at JWW and was a really big hitter. He would have chopped Hatton down quickly. Hatton's face would be a complete and utter mess. Cotto has that kind of power that doesn't KO people but it really damages faces and Hatton swelled insanely easily.

Comment

Lol, Whoever think Hatton the gloryfied club fighter would beat Cotto must be either one of hatton relatives or his fanatics.

Comment

Cotto brutalizes him under 9 rounds.

Comment

Cotto via TKO.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
              Um Cotto is at 154 now but even any version at 147 destroys Hatton.

I disagree though about people saying any Cotto beats Hatton, at 140 it would have been a good fight. Cotto didnt seem to have as good punch resistance at 140 as he did once he moved up, it would be a hard fight for him.
              Cotto looked fantastic at 140. Granted, he had problems with his chin, but so did ricky. I think Cotto's a much better puncher than Hatton and has a better chin and defense. I do think it's more competitive at 140 though.

Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
              we're talking about a guy fighting at 140 (07 hatton) vs a guy who fights at 154 (12 Cotto).

It's not about who's greater. Cotto is just much bigger than Hatton with the two versions compared.
              I'm talking more about where they're at in their careers at those times. Ricky would struggle to make 154 in 2012.

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
              People remember the completely drawn Cotto from the Malignaggi fight and the version that got hurt by Corley and Torres(a massive puncher)......and they forget what a killer Cotto was at 140.

Cotto was much faster at JWW and was a really big hitter. He would have chopped Hatton down quickly. Hatton's face would be a complete and utter mess. Cotto has that kind of power that doesn't KO people but it really damages faces and Hatton swelled insanely easily.
              Agreed.

Comment

Cotto beats Hatton @ 140 and brutalizes him @ 147!!

Comment

man!!! some people on here dont have a clue!

lets get 1 thing straight, hatton aint beating no 154lb fighters.

however, at 140, only manny pacquiao was succesful against hatton. we will never know but but its not outrageous to think cotto could outbox hatton, by the same token, hatton could make cotto gas and quit.

Comment

Working...
                  X