No announcement yet.

I don't think Dre Ward would have KO'd Bute as early

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't think Dre Ward would have KO'd Bute as early

Great win for Froch, never would I have thought the fight would have gone like that. Andre would have dominated Bute but noooo way would he have knocked Bute out that early. Froch has tremendous power and Ward would have KO'd him later on in like 10th or 11th double the amount of time it took Froch. Just wanted to give respect to the English champ and recognize the Cobra's power.
    However Ward still number 1 in Super Middleweight division.

Originally posted by dmaclv View Post
    Great win for Froch, never would I have thought the fight would have gone like that. Andre would have dominated Bute but noooo way would he have knocked Bute out that early. Froch has tremendous power and Ward would have KO'd him later on in like 10th or 11th double the amount of time it took Froch. Just wanted to give respect to the English champ and recognize the Cobra's power.
    However Ward still number 1 in Super Middleweight division.
    Ward is of course #1 but he wouldn't likely have KO'd Bute at all. That would have been a much different match. Favor Ward because he's the goods, but Bute would have been a genuine threat based on styles and attributes. Bute's had chin issues back to the ammy's. Ward doesn't win that way.

Comment

Styles make fight

Comment

Yea I agree, I do think Ward stops him later on because I can't see that fight going any other way than one-sided beatdown at some point soeone was going to pull the plug. It would have been much later in the fight though.

Comment

He wouldent have Ko'ed Ward and it will actually be competitive where the fight is a pick em. Both styles are tailored for eachother.

Comment

Of course he wouldn't have, as someone already mentioned here: styles make fights.

But I do think Ward could have stopped Bute.

Comment

Froch doesnt have tremendous power. He was hitting Bute Flush, he had him ready to.go.in the 3rd and 4th. He just hit him a lot and flush.

All the credit to Froch though. I was some of the few that knew he would.get it done

Comment

It's not always a race. Quicker doesn't necessarily = better.

Comment

i think bute would cause ward problems and the styles make this a competitive fight and with the way ward comes inside could easily get tagged by bute who can hit with one punch ko power, especially if ward gets hit with body shots...would be a great fight and ward did avoid bute for a reason

Comment

I don't think so either.

Doesn't have the style for it.

Comment

Working...
                    X