Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people act like Marquez Completely dominated Pacquiao in the first fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From the 3rd on he pretty much sweeped it other than some late round I don't remember off the of the top of my head. I remember Pac's aggression being ineffective for much of the fight and JMM cleanly countering him.

Comment

Marquez a great fighter of himself won more rounds against Pac but not like he really dominated Pacquiao every round of it. People sometimes forget, this is boxing where knockdowns make a difference. Pac managed to knockdown JMM 3 times but the judge admitted he made an error when he scored it and the results was a draw instead a win for Pac. Pac sucked it up and Pac team offered JMM a $750k rematch but turned it down and fought Chris John for $30k instead. They eventually fought again and once again...Pac scored another knockdown and won the fight because of it. If JMM only managed to keep his back kissing the floor, he should won both the fights.
      Last edited by straightleft; 02-22-2011, 07:40 PM.

Comment

lol pugqiao lost almost all rounds except 1... delusional pacfart.
        Last edited by La Zorrita; 02-22-2011, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rbgnwo View Post
          Because it's my scorecard as well- not counting the 9th, which was close but I gave to Marquez.
          dont ever become a judge

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            Have you not watched fight's that Lederman has scored?

He is notorious for being terrible at scoring fights?

Did you not see his Alexander Vs Kotelnik card recently? Along with many others.

Why would you want to sig Harold Ledermans scorecard?
            I wouldn't say he's terrible, but he does, more often then not, score a close round for the aggressor.

As for the TS, i have seen the fight & I have to disagree. I don't think Pacquiao mounted a comeback and won the championship rounds, I think he held his own and continued to fight hard but they were still very close rounds. I thought Marquez won it based on how i scored it way back when, didn't see it as a draw, thought the rematch was a much tighter chess match who either fighter could have won.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
              From the 3rd on he pretty much sweeped it other than some late round I don't remember off the of the top of my head. I remember Pac's aggression being ineffective for much of the fight and JMM cleanly countering him.

LOL

Perpect example of a fan getting carried away.

Left straight was on target again starting the 7th round, Rounds 8 and 9 are clear for pacquiao. the rest are close. except for the 10th w/c is also clear for PAC.

Clear rounds for JMM are 4,5,6 and maybe 7.

even if you give the close rounds to JMM w/c is 11 and 12th

Pac still wins. 113-112

give the close rounds to Pac and it would be

115-110 ( Ledderman's tally and official Judge John Stewart , Burt Clements should have had it 113-112 he later admitted he made a scoring error in the 1st )

Its easier to score because you can go back all the time all you have to do is open your eyes. Objectively there's no way Marquez won that fight. unless you're getting carried away because he crawl back from 3 KD's.
              Last edited by miron_lang; 02-22-2011, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AllEyesOpen View Post
                I wouldn't say he's terrible, but he does, more often then not, score a close round for the aggressor.

As for the TS, i have seen the fight & I have to disagree. I don't think Pacquiao mounted a comeback and won the championship rounds, I think he held his own and continued to fight hard but they were still very close rounds. I thought Marquez won it based on how i scored it way back when, didn't see it as a draw, thought the rematch was a much tighter chess match who either fighter could have won.
                Rewatch and score it again.

Comment

Originally posted by AllEyesOpen View Post
                  Maybe I slightly exaggerated.

But alot of the time Ledermans card's are woeful.

I remember him scoring Round 1 in Mayweather-Chavez to Chavez eve though Chavez landed like under 5 punches and Mayweather landed if not 20 almost 20.

Comment

Originally posted by straightleft View Post
                    Marquez a great fighter of himself won more rounds against Pac but not like he really dominated Pacquiao every round of it. People sometimes forget, this is boxing where knockdowns make a difference. Pac managed to knockdown JMM 3 times but the judge admitted he made an error when he scored it and the results was a draw instead a win for Pac. Pac sucked it up and Pac team offered JMM a $750k rematch but turned it down and fought Chris John for $30k instead. They eventually fought again and once again...Pac scored another knockdown and won the fight because of it. If JMM only managed to keep his back kissing the floor, he should won both the fights.
                    donaire scored the 2nd bout and had JMM winning

JMM beat pugqiao twice

Comment

Originally posted by miron_lang View Post
                      Rewatch and score it again.
                      Why cause i don't reach your conclusion, I love this fight and have watched it often, to be honest it sounds like you who aren't watching this fight objectively.

Comment

Working...
                      X