No announcement yet.

Nonito Donaire Opens As 10-1 Favorite Over Rigo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cubanboss87 View Post
    I could laugh at the reasons some people get banned here my man, is really a joke.
    I got banned for weeks for Talking about Floyd & a Duck word! maybe they thought I said F@ck!

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo Mc is **** View Post
      This is taken from Betfair, which is a public betting exchange. It's NOT a bookmaker.

What this means is that INDIVIDUALS are offering these odds. As a result, both fighters are odds-on at terrible rates because those are the only offers out there at the moment. If Donaire is 1-10, you'd be expecting Rigondeaux to be 6-1, not the 10-21 that he is currently. These odds mean nothing until others get involved.

Appalling journalism.

Essentially, I could go on Betfair now and offer 1-9 on Donaire and 1-2 on Rigondeaux and be the best odds. Like I say, it means nothing until either more people start offering odds on Betfair or the actual bookmakers start a market.
      Quoting my post from yesterday for anyone in the thread who didn't see it.

These aren't bookmakers' odds, they're opening prices from individuals on Betfair who can offer whatever ****ty odds they want because there's no competition until the actual bookies start opening the books.

Oddschecker compiles the odds from all major betting sites. Nobody had opened a book, so those silly Betfair odds were the only ones available.

Comment

The odds will drop, so I suggest everyone place their bets right now...

Honestly I did expect Donaire to be a big favorite, probably 4-1 maybe 5-1 at the highest. But 10-1 is a little ridiculous.

By the time the fight starts it will drop to 3-1.

Put your money on Rigo and get paid.

Comment

These aren't bookmakers' odds, they're opening prices from individuals on Betfair who can offer whatever ****ty odds they want because there's no competition until the actual bookies start opening the books.

Oddschecker compiles the odds from all major betting sites. Nobody had opened a book, so those silly Betfair odds were the only ones available.
          Right on. Green K.

I wish I could play on betfair. I was addicted to matchbook until they dipped out of the US market. There's a HUGE opportunity for finding an edge with these types of sites.

Is betfair the site where you can lay the favorite in horse racing?

Comment

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
            The odds will drop, so I suggest everyone place their bets right now...

Honestly I did expect Donaire to be a big favorite, probably 4-1 maybe 5-1 at the highest. But 10-1 is a little ridiculous.

By the time the fight starts it will drop to 3-1.

Put your money on Rigo and get paid.
            I don't understand the uproar from the Cubans for a 10-1 odds? Bet & Make some Money! If the odds is the other way around I'll bet all my cash right now!

Comment

This is taken from Betfair, which is a public betting exchange. It's NOT a bookmaker.

What this means is that INDIVIDUALS are offering these odds. As a result, both fighters are odds-on at terrible rates because those are the only offers out there at the moment. If Donaire is 1-10, you'd be expecting Rigondeaux to be 6-1, not the 10-21 that he is currently. These odds mean nothing until others get involved.

Appalling journalism.

Essentially, I could go on Betfair now and offer 1-9 on Donaire and 1-2 on Rigondeaux and be the best odds. Like I say, it means nothing until either more people start offering odds on Betfair or the actual bookmakers start a market.
              I always thought you were a troll because of your avatar and username but thanks for this well thought out post.

Comment

Great post, not sure how I missed it yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by Pacdbest View Post
                  I got banned for weeks for Talking about Floyd & a Duck word! maybe they thought I said F@ck!
                  I dont doubt it bro, i have seen worse

Comment

The first real official odds came out from Paddy Power.

Donaire is a favorite, but not a huge favorite at all...

Donaire: -225

Rigo: +175

For a guy who has a 'weak chin' that's pretty close odds. The odds makers clearly know that this is Donaire's toughest fight ever and there is a good chance he gets embarrassed.

I expect all the odds to be similar to this. Donaire will be a -225, might go up to -250 at the most. But no one has him 10-1 LOL.

Comment

Working...
                    X