Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you do if you knew someone could not pay you back what they owe?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you do if you knew someone could not pay you back what they owe?

I lent $1000 to a mother with a child that was about to get kicked out or her house If I did not lend her the money. I know the child personally and is the reason I lent the money. Now she told me she was going to pay me 2 months ago and I tried to collect but she made me feel that I was going to really put her in and her daughter in a bad situation.. She promised to call me today 3 weeks ago and that maybe she got her tax refund. She hasn't called. I hate to be the one to call her. I don't want to the bad mr. collector man.. It is unfair. If she could not pay me should call and let me know out of courtesy. Honestly, I will understand not being paid because I know her situation. She can even have the money if she just had the courage to ask for it. What I do not like is being stood up and disregarded. I lose respect for people so much more so that way than if they just told me straight up. Anyway, Ima just chalk this up as a loss. I just got to forget about it.
    Last edited by Alibata; 02-24-2012, 06:22 PM.

Hell no, go get your money back. If she cant pay back in full, then set up a payment plan.

You gave her a clean loan without 1 cent of interest on it. She could have gone to a pawn shop or loan shark and gotten her money that way and paid back twice when she borrowed. But no, she "borrowed" the money from you.

Its nice that she has a child that you know but you cant let people walk over you like that. Go get your money back

I dont loan money to anybody without collateral against it. Especially chicks

Comment

When you don't mention people about money you lent them, they take advantage and think they can pay you back when ever THEY want, which could be never.

Is she a close friend or what? Is she like family to you. 1k is a lot of money to lend some one you don't trust like that.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        When you don't mention people about money you lent them, they take advantage and think they can pay you back when ever THEY want, which could be never.

Is she a close friend or what? Is she like family to you. 1k is a lot of money to lend some one you don't trust like that.
        Actually no aside from baby sitting her daughter who is the best friend of my niece... I have taken her daughter out with my niece to disneyland, raging waters, museums, etc and it is her daughter that I got love for. I actually only asked for half the money back and told her she could keep the other half as a gift for her daughter who had expressed to me she needed a computer for school. I'll call her in 2 more weeks... I hate drama.

Comment

yea payment plan man.

She doesnt have to give it all to you right away.

Hell ill even accept 50bucks a week. Just go get it back.

Comment

If someone owes me, and can't pay me.......I'm pretty forgiving. However I think it's worse when someone owes one of my friends, and my friend is too pu$$y to collect. For some reason I get a bit more testy.

I can't stand watching someone get punked out.

That seems like a needy family though so I'd let it slide man.......what's a grand anyways. Make that back and call it a day.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Without sounding mean, or justifying someone not paying their debts. You had to take into question that she was being evicted from her house due to non-payment of rent. That should have implied that she couldn't easily get her hands on $1000. If she didn't have it to pay her rent, something that is a necessity, I find it hard to believe that however genuine her intentions are to pay you back, she isn't going to struggle to find that money.

When I lend anyone money, I already make it a 'gift' in my head, I am prepared to never see a single penny back and I make sure I can live without it. That said, I rarely lend money to anyone.
              Last edited by Bossy; 02-24-2012, 06:55 PM. Reason: typo!

Comment

Originally posted by *Boss Lady* View Post
                When I lend anyone money, I already make it a 'gift' in my head, I am prepared to never see a single penny back and I make sure I can live without it. That said, I rarely lend money to anyone.
                Good way to word that.

Not to mention I'd never "lend" something that was huge........like it would break me or really bother me. Like someone asking to borrow my ride for a month, borrow my jewelry (my one boy), or a really large sum of money.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Its a tough one on this level but as you said gonna chalk this one up and charge it the game. I would say make one last attempt see what happens and forget about it. If the 1000 aint killing you witch imma say no seeing how you gave it out she is gonna feel like scum every time she sees you and your niece trust me she didn't forget that's for sure.

Comment

Real cases, Real people, Judge Judy.

Comment

Working...
                    X