No announcement yet.

james toney: "Man, the fans in MMA are great"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• james toney: "Man, the fans in MMA are great"

"That's the main reason I came to MMA. At least MMA guys got guts and they will get in a cage with me. The boxing guys are all talk and no walk. My thing is, all of these bums, David Gaye and Bucktooth Bernard Hopkins, talk all that ****; come and see me! They were quiet as mice until they saw I was signed to fight in the UFC and then they all had an opinion. I'm doing both and I ain't going nowhere. I'm in it for the long run baby. I'm the only two sport athlete out there and I'm doing the 2 most dangerous sports in the world. No other man will try to do that."

"Man, the fans in MMA are great. These mother****ing fans are...they fanatics man. It's great. I love the atmosphere that they bring. It reminded me of the old days of boxing; the 70's, 80's and early 90's. Boxing fans used to be like that and we need to bring that back. The MMA scene is so crazy and it's great. The fans stand in the hotel lobby from early in the morning until late at night. They are there when you wake up in the morning and they are there when you go to bed and that's ****ing crazy. I love that ****. It was crazy man... I had a lot of support out there in Boston. They are a fight town and a couple of them actually remembered me from when I fought Ramon Garbey out there 10 years ago. It was great. I mean, 20,000 fans man? That's crazy. They showed me so much love in that city. I can't wait to go back."

"I knew Dana was trying to throw me to the dogs, but I wanted that. In fact, he didn't throw me to the dogs; I went looking for them. I went looking for trouble. That's why they call me JT, "Just Trouble." I loved it. I had fun in there and I can't wait to do it again."

They were booing you and left racist comments on the hype-up to Toney/Randy youtube videos, yes James Toney is punch-drunk.

Comment

Toney is an idiot

Comment

Originally posted by JonoYoungP4P View Post
        Toney is an idiot
        I think he was so ignorant that he thought he can just go into the UFC without training and knock everybody out.. The guy showed up at 237 lol.. After they said he was training hard all this and that. He hasn't trained for a fight since he moved up and fought Holyfield in 2002.. He's the only boxer stupid/desperate enough to take on a great MMA fighter.. I would like to see a prime in shape top level boxer go into UFC after training hard for a year or 2 in other aspects of MMA

Comment

Boxing fans are better james just wouldnt know because he never build up a good fanbase .

He is now an outkast and an embarrassment to boxing the same way Tim sylvia is an embarrassment to MMGAY after mercer knocked him out in 9 seconds

Comment

Originally posted by JonoYoungP4P View Post
            Toney is an idiot
            The guy is trying to make a living give him a break.

Comment

Originally posted by FirePunch View Post
              Boxing fans are better james just wouldnt know because he never build up a good fanbase .

He is now an outkast and an embarrassment to boxing the same way Tim sylvia is an embarrassment to MMGAY after mercer knocked him out in 9 seconds
              SMH at James never built up a good fanbase......

Comment

so he got payed 700k to 1 mill...for 3 minutes of work, WOW! what a dumbass he must be??

Comment

Punch drunk.

Comment

toney please retire don't disgrace us!!

Comment

Working...
                    X