No announcement yet.

Ache in my upper left back after sparring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ache in my upper left back after sparring

I say "in" because it feels like its some where in there, its not the scapula but its right between it and my neck. I was sparring 4 rounds the last week of March and Im pretty sure that a very hard left hook right to the side of my face had something to do with it. My head turned hard and I was dazed for a second or 2. I began to feel the ache right after sparring when I would move my neck to the left or pull it low to the right. I have gotten other small injuries that I allowed to heal on their own over a few weeks including neck aches that never came back with many rounds of sparring, but this one took about 6 weeks to really feel right. I sparred last Friday for the first time since the ache began and I again began to feel the ache afterwords when I move my neck in certain ways. I havent seen any one about this, I want to think that I can just see a massage therapist and feel a pop in that area and the ache will be gone, but thats probably not the case? Any ideas or experiences on this?

Stretch and see someone

Comment

It's a common injury in boxing. Your headaches are caused by the stretching of the ligaments in your neck from getting your melon knocked around. Let me guess, it's sore to the touch and runs up behind your left ear. Am I correct?

Neck strengthening exercises are often left out when dealing with inexperienced coaches. You gotta build that neck strong!

A visit to your doctor and he'll prescribe you muscle relaxers to cure the headaches.

Keep fighting hard and strengthen your neck.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
        It's a common injury in boxing. Your headaches are caused by the stretching of the ligaments in your neck from getting your melon knocked around. Let me guess, it's sore to the touch and runs up behind your left ear. Am I correct?

Neck strengthening exercises are often left out when dealing with inexperienced coaches. You gotta build that neck strong!

A visit to your doctor and he'll prescribe you muscle relaxers to cure the headaches.

Keep fighting hard and strengthen your neck.
        oh wow, i didnt expect anyone to give a good response to this guy.
        wise rockin XD.
        btw im nivek535<-- temp banned til 14th .

Comment

Originally posted by chern117 View Post
          oh wow, i didnt expect anyone to give a good response to this guy.
          wise rockin XD.
          btw im nivek535<-- temp banned til 14th .

lmao, wtf you get banned for?

Comment

Working...
          X