Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please help me improve my boxing (sparring video)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help me improve my boxing (sparring video)

tudou.com/programs/view/v4wdf01A_7o/

Here's me sparring with a guy in China. I am working here at the moment.

Round one I was just daydreaming. I was pretty tired that day...see dark circles under my eyes. The thought of being more aggressive and trading did cross my mind. Round two I was trying to keep him away with a constant jab and then hurt him with my right hand. That was my tactic. He changed to southpaw and parried my jab all the time and jammed me with punches so I cannot punch.

I realise a few things:

My balance is bad. I am falling onto myself when I cross (I was trying to hard to reach him hence I was pushing). I am now punching two-legged.

I need to make my counters automatic and faster. And punch in combinations.

By punching more, opposing forces change direction when they collide, so I can jam him up as well when I punch more.

I need a lot more speed.

Background:

I am using 16ozes, he is using 12ozes.

He is the amateur champion at 60kg (?) at the provincial level (100 million people in the province).

I haven't been training/exercising for the past six months as I was working in a city with no boxing gym and doing other stuff. I have been casually boxing for over a year, nearly two years.

What the hell is that site? It's like YouTube but futuristic lol.

I'm watching... I'll give you some feedback in a bit.

Comment

I am guessing you are the guy in the white shirt judging by the glove size?

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
        I am guessing you are the guy in the white shirt judging by the glove size?
        the guy in the white shirt is bobbynosex. he made a thread about this in the lounge.

Comment

TS, Ali Raymi would spark you out in 2 seconds.

Comment

lol what the hell site is this, first off you gotta get that footwork down be light on your feet!!! then jab more keep that stick in his face, and work on countering with better head movement

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
              What the hell is that site? It's like YouTube but futuristic lol.

I'm watching... I'll give you some feedback in a bit.
              Yes I am the guy in white. It is indeed the Chinese version of Youtube. I couldn't upload my video to Youtube as it is over 15 minutes long.

Comment

Originally posted by boxavinny
                tudou.com/programs/view/v4wdf01A_7o/

Here's me sparring with a guy in China. I am working here at the moment.

Round one I was just daydreaming. I was pretty tired that day...see dark circles under my eyes. The thought of being more aggressive and trading did cross my mind. Round two I was trying to keep him away with a constant jab and then hurt him with my right hand. That was my tactic. He changed to southpaw and parried my jab all the time and jammed me with punches so I cannot punch.

I realise a few things:

My balance is bad. I am falling onto myself when I cross (I was trying to hard to reach him hence I was pushing). I am now punching two-legged.

I need to make my counters automatic and faster. And punch in combinations.

By punching more, opposing forces change direction when they collide, so I can jam him up as well when I punch more.

I need a lot more speed.

Background:

I am using 16ozes, he is using 12ozes.

He is the amateur champion at 60kg (?) at the provincial level (100 million people in the province).

I haven't been training/exercising for the past six months as I was working in a city with no boxing gym and doing other stuff. I have been casually boxing for over a year, nearly two years.
                Mistake number one right there. You shouldn't be in a boxing ring if youre out of shape.

My old coach wouldnt had let you anywhere near a ring if that was the case.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                X