Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should canelo accept 150 lbs for Mayweather II?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heck no. He was drained to skin and bones at 152.

He'd die trying to make 150.

Comment

Originally posted by Santa_ View Post

Sad thing is this thread has 0 to do with Mayweather-Canelo

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx... View Post

I just saw the poll options

Comment

GGG will make concessions to face Floyd but none to face Canelo, that's all their is to it, therefore GGG won't get the money spinning fight he craves so he can cash out and retire.

Comment

GGG blow hards gonna blow real hard, it's a sad truth this is nothing more than fanboyism defending GGG for something Canelo accepted was needed in order to get the fight he wanted.

Nobody likes catch weight demands, no fans endorse them but when certain fighters are as big as they are and can demand them for the more dangerous opponents in what is considered a riskier fight than an optional defence or soft mandatory I don't disagree with them. Canelo wanted super money versus Floyd he made concessions, GGG wants super money versus Canelo he's got understand the order of how this shyt falls.

Comment

I will just say this, blame GGG and his team..They are still talking about going to 154 for a 39 year old Mayweather. And remember"HE IS A SMALL MIDDLEWEIGHT" This is him, his team and quite frankly ya'll as fans who have been saying he can make 154 easily and he is such a small middleweight. So please stop acting like he would be drained at 155 now....Should he have to fight another middleweight champion at 155??? NO!!!!!!!!!!! but stop being hypocrites please...
              I dont know who of his fans that has said he Can make 154 easy, but I sure as hell did not.

Comment

Originally posted by JrRod View Post
                No. 155 is the weight he can make comfortably. It's obvious he can no longer make 154 comfortably, which is why he has has his last 4 fights at 155. So to your original post, if Canelo can't make 154 comfortably, why make a fight for 150? As I said Canelo has a big following and doesn't need Floyd for a big fight.
                And GGG has fought at 160 for pretty much all of his career so its ok to force him down. Ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Santa_ View Post

And with that I guess the same goes for GGG should he try to make 155. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                    And GGG has fought at 160 for pretty much all of his career so its ok to force him down. Ok.
                    I didn't say it was OK to force him down. GGG doesn't have to accept the terms and has every right to decline the catchweight. Unfortunately he just won't get the fight he wants.

It's a new era in boxing, where the A side can make weight demands, and the B side will either accept or move on. If GGG wants the money that goes with a Canelo fight, he's going to have to play ball. THe same way Canelo had to play ball with Mayweather to get his fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott.Weiland. View Post
                      GGG blow hards gonna blow real hard, it's a sad truth this is nothing more than fanboyism defending GGG for something Canelo accepted was needed in order to get the fight he wanted.

Nobody likes catch weight demands, no fans endorse them but when certain fighters are as big as they are and can demand them for the more dangerous opponents in what is considered a riskier fight than an optional defence or soft mandatory I don't disagree with them. Canelo wanted super money versus Floyd he made concessions, GGG wants super money versus Canelo he's got understand the order of how this shyt falls.
                      He just wants the title shot he has been entitled to for so many years. As mando he Will get a predetermined split and a predetermined weight. If Canelo doesnt take it he Will be stripped and has no plages to go. All roads Will Lead to GGG after that.

Lets face it. Canelo has trouble making 155 as it is. Just look at his weight at fighttime. Shedding that much Might potentially kill him.

Comment

Working...
                      X