Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Princess of Morroco is putting pressure on the WBC to make Martinez vs Chavez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Princess of Morroco is putting pressure on the WBC to make Martinez vs Chavez

I thought it was a weird joke article, but it's written by the the former executive secretary of the WBC who is now a sports commentator.

Here's the rough google translation with some minor changes I made to make it clearer.

Princess Lalla Salma of Morocco, is the wife of King Mohammed VI and mother of Crown Prince Moulay Hassan. Appears since a few weeks in the boxing world as a protector of Sergio Maravilla Martinez, currently Emeritus middleweight champion of the WBC (World Boxing Council).

Lalla Salma is 34 years old, and her husband King Mohammed, 48, son of the famous latter Hassan II, who died in 1999. Upon succeeding his father, Mohammed became king of the dynasty number eighteen 'Alawi' that prevails in Morocco since 1666.

We lack the beginning of this story. We do not yet know how a probably friendly relationship was established between Sergio Martinez and the Moroccan royal family, but the fact is that the office of Princess Lalla Salma exerts strong pressure these days on the World Boxing Council, asking them to respect the rights of Maravilla Martinez, and demands that the fight with Julio Cesar Chavez is made as was ordered. Otherwise the recognition of Chavez as champion should be removed immediately (The underline is not mine. It's from the real statement that is in the offices of the WBC).

In the latest of several messages left from Rabat [capital of Morroco], signed by an assistant named Nadia, states literally that "instructions have been given to use the services of any or all of six teams of lawyers or law firms and private investigators" to defend the rights of Martinez being affected by the repeated postponements of the fight with Chavez in which he is entitled to after a the title that belongs Martínez was taken from him.

Mauricio Sulaiman, executive secretary of the Council, told Central Sports that they have asked the office of Princess Lalla Salma to display a document that shows they are authorized to represent the boxer, so that they could eventually respond to their demands.

There is no doubt that this story will have other chapters. I note, for now, that the unusual presence in boxing of the Princess of Morocco is installed in the world of fighters sponsored by great personalities. Frank Sinatra did it with Ohm Germain, General Omar Torrijos protected Roberto Duran and the French poet Jean Cocteau was protective, loving counselor and champion Panama Al Brown rooster.

http://www.centraldeportiva.com/box/...to+real+-50327
    Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 05-13-2012, 12:30 PM.

the king of morocco must be scratching his head a little, "were they ever alone together?" ali baba!!!!

Comment

Moroccan thuggery ..... respect

Comment

The Ginger is the Princess? Damn she's...um....not very Princess looking. Cool to hear this though and that they're willing to use the best lawyers at their disposal. Hopefully they can barkrupt the WBC like Rocchigiani should have let done when they catered to Roy Jones.

Golovkin needs K2 and or some Kazakh oil Oligarchs to do the same thing with Sturm and the WBA.

Comment

strange but very interesting story indeed.. i wonder if this will have any impact on the fight being made.. i got to commend her for doing that.. it ups the stakes somewhat.. this story definitely deserves to make the main news page..

Comment

If the WBC can't get Chavez to fight Martinez, I doubt the Princess of Morroco can. But strange story.

Comment

Sergio must be really making the rounds. Too out of left field for there not to be a connection.

Comment

morocco is across the road from spain (sperated by the straights of gibraltar) so i wouldnt be suprised if sergio went there on holiday considering he is based in spain and probably met some of these corrupt monarchy while there

Comment

Originally posted by vcvc View Post
                  morocco is across the road from spain (sperated by the straights of gibraltar) so i wouldnt be suprised if sergio went there on holiday considering he is based in spain and probably met some of these corrupt monarchy while there
                  that was my thought...except for being a corrupt monarchy...compared to other existing monarchies theyre quite liberal

Comment

in for noods

Comment

Working...
                    X